• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cecals

abi2047

Mama Doe
Don't know if this is in the health section or not but I think it will get more posts here. The baby bunnies aren't eating their cecals. Should I leave them in the cage incase they eat them later, or should I clean them out to stop them stepping in it and causing a stain on the carpet?

Gosh I seem to be replying to all your threads today :lol::lol:

Clean them out, I think buns rarely go back to them, and they get stuck on fur, carpet, you...
It could be stress why they aren't eating them, Jessie was leaving some when she first got here, but no more now! She is on SS pellets too and they seem to have helped a lot.

Gosh I seem to be replying to all your threads today :lol::lol:

Clean them out, I think buns rarely go back to them, and they get stuck on fur, carpet, you...
It could be stress why they aren't eating them, Jessie was leaving some when she first got here, but no more now! She is on SS pellets too and they seem to have helped a lot.

It's ok lol. I've got/had a lot of questions to ask lol. :oops:
The bunnies are on the Burgess junior/dwarf pellets, hope these are the best thing to feed them.

It's ok lol. I've got/had a lot of questions to ask lol. :oops:
The bunnies are on the Burgess junior/dwarf pellets, hope these are the best thing to feed them.

Have to see how it goes. If there are still excess ceacals after a couple of weeks, it might be worth trying to change them over to SS or something else gradually, since excel are slightly renowned for causing them.

What pelleted food are you feeding Abi? Excel is known for causing excel caecals.

Are they eating anything else, other than hay/pellets atm, if so, what?

What pelleted food are you feeding Abi? Excel is known for causing excel caecals.

Are they eating anything else, other than hay/pellets atm, if so, what?

This.

Personally I wouldn't use Burgess due to this, and the fact that they can't guarantee their food is meat free :shock:

I would use science selective, my girls and most of the rescue buns eat it, and have never had an issue, just big golden poos!

Toni, I am so glad Jessie's have cleared up :love:

This.

Personally I wouldn't use Burgess due to this, and the fact that they can't guarantee their food is meat free :shock:

I would use science selective, my girls and most of the rescue buns eat it, and have never had an issue, just big golden poos!

Toni, I am so glad Jessie's have cleared up :love:

Me too, they stopped a couple of days after we were at the vets.

and if they weren't enough reasons to swap, Oscar always picks the SS out of the excel first too :lol:

Back