• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George keeps humping Gemma

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
George has always gone through phases of humping Gemma, but yesterday I was in the kitchen for longer than usual waiting for a friend and I noticed that he just wouldn't leave her alone. He seemed to be biting her neck - it looked horrendously rough. I moved him off her and picked her up but couldn't see any marks, just wet fur.

He continued for ages and Gemma just lies there. Sometimes she will get up and run away and he chases her. I feel so sorry for her.

George is a BARC bun so was neutered before I adopted him. Gemma came from the adoption part of PAH and I was told she had been spayed but I know there is a possibility she hasn't.

I nearly separated them last night as I was so distressed watching George tugging at poor Gemma's neck. It looked brutal. They are usually such a loving couple though and I am wary of breaking their bond. I don't have room for two more bunnnies indoors and can't afford any more buns at the moment anyway.

I feel cruel leaving them together and yet Gemma doesn't seem distressed and is still eating and running around as usual.

Back