• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Foster mummies

MichG

Mama Doe
How do you not become attached with the little ones you foster?
I have one foster here at the moment and I am trying desperately not to fall too much in love that I can't part with her... I know she will find a home in no time (because she is gorgeous!!)

I have only ever had 1 foster before and I ended up keeping her :lol:

I failed and kept Willow :oops:

I guess you just need to remember that they will make someone else very happy, and if you keep them, you cant foster anymore.

I don't foster buns but I do foster dogs and I find it much more easy than I thought I would!

I bear in mind from the very beginning these things:
they are not, and never will be, mine.
I can't afford to keep the dogs
I can help more dogs with fostering than I can if I adopt one.
It's ok for my own animals to take a bit more of a back seat for a few weeks but I wouldn't want to do that long term.

I go out of my way to help find them a home - talking to people I see on walks, putting up posters, I do a portrait of the dog and give it to the person who adopts, I'll take the dog to the persons house if I can, etc. I'm always over the moon when they find a home (even if sometimes I'm the tiniest bit sad!).

Back