• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ideal frenchlop/cross weight

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Anyone know ruffly what weight a french lop cross should be?

im guessing my rolo is crossed with a average lop

he is 2.4kg and also a year old x

I don't think it's possible for anyone to say with a crossbreed.

You should be able to tell by feeling/looking at him. I'm sure someone will come along soon with the diagram of what an underweight, correct weight and overweight rabbit looks like.
Otherwise, if you aren't sure, I would ask your vet if they think he's at about the right weight for his frame.

At 2.4kg he sounds like a normal Dwarf lop weight.

Frenchies are anything from 4.5kg+ Most crosses would be in the middle. :wave:

At 2.4kg he sounds like a normal Dwarf lop weight.

Frenchies are anything from 4.5kg+ Most crosses would be in the middle. :wave:

will dig out some pics think he defo has frenchie in him! and he is getting bigger by the day ha x

will dig out some pics think he defo has frenchie in him! and he is getting bigger by the day ha x

Dwarf lops aren't actually small rabbits. 2.4kg is quite large. Is there a reason you think he has Frenchie in him? :) He could have some German Lop in him. They're from about 3.5-4.5kg.

here hee iss!

229291_2102209393457_1192116864_2577603_4620478_n.jpg

obviously not his perminanty setup, hes inside as he's just been neuted!
230264_2105171067497_1192116864_2582297_61231_n.jpg

196482_1958227433998_1192116864_2393091_7506464_n.jpg

I also don't think im feeding him enough he gets that much a day with some veg....
226782_2076723436324_1192116864_2559460_2614973_n.jpg

x

Dwarf lops aren't actually small rabbits. 2.4kg is quite large. Is there a reason you think he has Frenchie in him? :) He could have some German Lop in him. They're from about 3.5-4.5kg.

people on here said he has the look of a frenchie,

He's gorgeous!! :love::love:

I'd still say Dwarf lop. If you look at pictures of mine you'll see they have a different shape (and much larger ears than dwarf lops. :)) I'd say Rolo looks like a dwarf.

River is 6 months old, and 5kg, so even with some Frenchie in I'd expect him to be bigger.

Not that it matters on earth what he is...he's beautiful! :love:

(ETA: does he have any hay, as I couldn't see any in the pictures. If you worry about how much your feeding him, upping his hay intake would be the place to start.:))

He's gorgeous!! :love::love:

I'd still say Dwarf lop. If you look at pictures of mine you'll see they have a different shape (and much larger ears than dwarf lops. :)) I'd say Rolo looks like a dwarf.

River is 6 months old, and 5kg, so even with some Frenchie in I'd expect him to be bigger.

Not that it matters on earth what he is...he's beautiful! :love:

(ETA: does he have any hay, as I couldn't see any in the pictures. If you worry about how much your feeding him, upping his hay intake would be the place to start.:))

ooo hmm he is the biggest rabbit ive ever had haha, twice the size of smartie lop, and albert lionhead lol! and omg compared to mini lop Matilda aha he is a giant lol

aha yes there is hay! he had it in a hay rack on the outside of the cage, but rolo being rolo!!! knocked it off

so instead of hay in the rack its now hay all over the floor lol!

B is a small frenchie,weighing only 4.6kg.Dill is a crossbreed lop weighing 3.6kg so maybe somewhere around these weights?Dont really know,thats just an idea.Frenchies also dont stop growing until approx 18months.:)

B is a small frenchie,weighing only 4.6kg.Dill is a crossbreed lop weighing 3.6kg so maybe somewhere around these weights?Dont really know,thats just an idea.Frenchies also dont stop growing until approx 18months.:)

rolos about 10 months!! and is still growing!!

This is the size of B's tail

230920091171.jpg

And to look at length of ears you will see hers are much longer than Dill's[in my advatar]Hope this helps:D

Rolo does look huge frmo your pic. that tail is immense though! feed size looks ok to me if he has plenty of hay. you need to feel how boney they are and how much muscle there is. if he feels ok then he probably is. :wave:

Have you got any photos of when he was younger? I'd say frenchies are quite distinctive as young buns - here's a photo of Eli when he was around 3 months, you can see his ears were absolutely massive.
Even now, and I must have had him a year, his ears, feet and tail all seem slightly disproportionate in a way which is characteristic of frenchies.

I'd also say Rolo looks more dwarf than frenchie, so I wouldn't be concerned by his weight unless you think he feels underweight.

Back