• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter trained bunnies deciding to be un-trained!!

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Dizzi and Rascal used to be perfectly litter trained with only the odd poop jumping out of the litter tray with them. :love:

Then I brought them inside for the winter and since going back outside a couple of weeks ago, they've decided that they'll poop wherever they feel like it (they still only ever pee in the litter tray tho).

They still do the majority in the litter tray but they also poop wherever they lounge if they can't be bothered going back to the tray.

Has anyone else experienced bunnies deciding to ignore their litter training?? And did you manage to get them back on track??

Its not a big problem, just means an extra sweep round in a morning but they used to be so neat and tidy!! :lol:

Yes.

Territorial marking.

You've only just put them back outside, they are remarking the area as 'theirs' and it could go on for weeks until they are 'happy' that the area is marked as their's :wave:

Ginger has never stopped...and she's been here since October 2010 :lol:

Yes.

Territorial marking.

You've only just put them back outside, they are remarking the area as 'theirs' and it could go on for weeks until they are 'happy' that the area is marked as their's :wave:

Ginger has never stopped...and she's been here since October 2010 :lol:

Thanks, I did wonder if this may be the case but didn't know how long it may last ............ quite a while going by the gorgeous Ginger! (bless her).

Thanks, I did wonder if this may be the case but didn't know how long it may last ............ quite a while going by the gorgeous Ginger! (bless her).

My office is currently covered in poops :lol: And the house in little patches of lovely yellow urine :lol:

Your's are more than likely going to get over it soonish. The fact they urinate in the litter trays is a good sign that it'll improve :)
G

Back