• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i doing it right?

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone. Ive not posted about jack for a while but he is just fantastic. I am still very nervous though after what happened to my last bunnies lily and pip. Am i doing everything right?

Jack has free run of the house when we're in and his own room when we're out. He has a dog crate as a base filled with vet bed. His litter tray is in here too filled with wood pellets and hay. He gets a handfull of excel pellets in the morning which he demolishes. He has fresh hay all the time and the odd treat stick. I put vitamin drops in his water.

He has lots of tunnels and toys which he does play with and is a lovely affectionate wee thing.

He is now 15 weeks old so we are taking him for his vacc soon and to ask about neutering.

He has not been in the garden yet or had any veg. Any advice about this?

My hubby thinks i am a paranoid bunny mummy but i want to do things right and any help would be appreciated,

Fiona

IMG00179-20110424-1202-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya :wave:That all sounds good to me :wave: you don't really need vitamins in his water though, he should get those from his pellets I think. It sounds like you're doing a great job! And he's very very cute :love:

Thanks so much for replying. Ok i'll scrap the vitamins. I just see all these things that say they're good for buns and dont know whats best!

I didn't give my two any veg/greens until they were 6 months old, then started with a tiny bit of carrot. If it doesnt upset their tum you can gradually increase the amount you give (this goes for all veg/greens). Apparently you shouldn't give carrot often as it is high in sugar and makes them fat, but mine still have a tiny bit every day as they love it, especially Olly, he lives for carrots!! :lol:

Oh, and only introduce one new food at a time so his little tum doesnt have too much to deal with all at once, and also you'll know if one food doesn't agree with him... :wave:

Thank you. I had always waited until 6 months before introducing veg with my bridge bunnies. Some people on here said 3 months for veg, others said 4 months. Think i'll wait til 6 months.

What about the garden, its all grass?

If it was me I would wait til 6 months for the grass too, although other people may disagree. As he is a house bun it's easy, if he lived outside I would maybe introduce that sooner so he had more exercise space. But when you introduce grass, just do the same as with other stuff and just pick a bit for him to munch, and gradually give him more before you let him loose on it totally :)

You'll have to post some more pics! :wave:

Back