• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello again & bunny update

JLG

Mama Doe
:wave: hi there, I have been off RU for a few weeks but now I'm back :D

Just to say that you should never take anything for granted, especially bunny health. My 2 have been tough as boots for the (nearly) 1 year that i;ve had them then last wednesday Kane was suddenly poorly - big style. no eating, grinding teeth, hiding in the bedroom all hunched etc etc. Rushed to emergency vet at 11pm, had injections but no improvement so admitted (with Mrs Sparkle of course) on thursday morning. he was there until Saturday evening, having fluids, syringe feeding, liquid paraffin, zantac, metacam, the full works.
Fingers crossed he is starting to look and behave relatively normal now although when he got home I nearly took him straight back again as he was still not right although he was eating on his own. Nerve racking doesn't even begin to explain how stressful it has been, I felt totally useless.

so fingers crossed for all those tough bunnies out there - long may you remain so :love::love:

thank you so much. the scary bit was I genuinely didn't see any difference in him until suddenly he was very ill :cry: he was fine at 6pm and by 9.30 he was so poorly.

fingers and everyhting else crossed now that he continues his recovery. Last night he started grooming himself again and this morning Sparkle humped his head, just to remind him she is still in charge :roll: to be fair she has been very good with him so far so I'm taking it as a sign that she knows he's feeling better now.

i really hope so, they do seem to get ill really quickly, my bunny coco is nearly 3 now and im an paranoid bunny mummy if her mood changes or she looks ill im a nitemare, hope all is well and back on the mend x

Back