• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns on decking

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
Does anyone have their buns on decking, is it ok to clean, does the poo get stuck in the gaps? I like the idea of rather than cold concrete.

mine were on the decking over the winter in their day run instead of on the grass. It did make a bit of a mess but I had a thick layer of newspaper and then tons of hay on top (for their Rexy feet).
We had to pressure wash the decking when we put the run back on the grass but it wasn't any worse than it would have been anyway.

Poo will go intween the planks and you may find that the rabbits chew the decking. They will find it comfortable though and it's perfectly suitable for them to be on.

Could you put a layer of non-slip lino on top of the decking? (Just an idea...no idea if it would work.:oops:)

...can you get non-grooved decking?

I have rabbits on decking. They only poo in their litter box so dont have to worry about it getting stuck in gaps (although their poos are very big and dont really get down the small gaps). They do chew it a bit.

I've got my rabbits on decking. They don't chew it. Any mess they make can be swept up, and the run can be removed should I want to brush and jet wash the decking.
I did have them on another bit of decking, and after jetwashing with deck cleaner you would never know they had been there.

our rabbit chewed the decking quite abit so had to be moved off it. he now spends his time between patio and lawn.

Back