• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obsessive bar chewing?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Marnie seems to be obsessed with chewwing babygate bars.....even if the gate is open :? Her main object is the one into our bedroom, and the only way you can get her to stop is to physically prod her. So we have a 'moomoo prodder' at the bottom of the stairs (a practise staff with a balled up sock over the end)
She's trashed the gate, but I don't really care about that, I''m more worried about her teeth getting damaged.
Is there anything I can try? She eats mountains of hay and is a very happy floppy binkying licky bun.....so I don't think it's frustration :?

You can get stuff calle "chew stoppa" at P@H which you spray on and it (theoretically) stops them chewing, it is safe for buns and I guess tastes really bad and is supposed to deter them, it did stop one set of my buns but not another!!

I am afraid I don't know why she is doing it though, have you tried giving apple sticks or willow branches to chew on?

Have you tried smearing on the bars something they don't like the smell of ? e.g. lavender oil. To stop Toby Rabbit digging in corners I pop in the corner either an opened bottle of lavender oil or a pot of Tiger Balm. He doen't like the smell of it & avoids the corner.

Back