• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunday Night Pub Quiz for Pledge a Pound - WINNERS POST 356

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
The Sunday Night Pub Quiz for Pledge a Pound is returning!!! It will re-start this Sunday, 22nd May 2011. Please join in, its lots of fun and everything starts from scratch again so new players, regular players, non-regular players, ALL are very welcome to join in. It costs £1 to enter (all proceeds to Pledge a Pound). Please paypal to: snoopsnflumps@yahoo.co.uk.

Prizes to be given out at the end of August (approx), and include Leaderboard Winner, Prize Draw Winner and Funniest Answer.

TONIGHT'S QUESTIONS: Please PM your answers to me by 9.15pm when the quiz closes. Good luck! :)

1. According to the proverb, what plays when the cat’s away? The mice

2. Which people wore moccasins originally? American Indians

3. What does Q mean in FAQ? Questions

4. What is the main language in Mexico? Spanish

5. Which “Friends” star was the voice of the neurotic giraffe in Madagascar? David Schwimmer

6. How many noughts are there in the written number fifty-two million? 6

7. What is the French word for the number nine? Neuf

8. Which Jewish girl kept a diary while hidden in Amsterdam in 1942? Anne Frank

9. What type of animal can be Dutch, Angora and Chinchilla? Rabbits :love::love:

10. At which park is Princess Diana buried? Althorpe Park

11. Which part of the body can suffer from an astigmatism? The Eyes

12. For which sport is Chris Eubank famous? Boxing

13. Who was Captain Jack Sparrow in the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean”? Johnny Depp

14. Which long dress is traditionally worn by Japanese women? Kimono

15. How many hours are there in a week? 168

About the Quiz/How to Enter:

I will be running the Summer Sunday Night Pub Quiz again for Pledge a Pound. It will cost £1 to enter and all proceeds will go to the Pledge a Pound summer fundraiser. Please paypal to: snoopsnflumps@yahoo.co.uk.

The quiz will run every Sunday at 9:00pm until 9:15pm. At 9:00pm the questions will appear in this post, you then have 15 minutes to PM me your answers!

Playing is for fun mainly (and for Pledge a Pound!) ....although there will be a leaderboard and small prizes (to be confirmed) given out at the end. This time the Pub Quiz will run on a weekly basis until around the end of August or whenever the next Pledge a Pound big fundraiser is (to be confirmed).

The leaderboard starts from scratch and all previous leaderboards/scores are obsolete. A weekly winner will be announced (no prize), and in the event of a tie the person who sent their answers quickest wins.

In order to make it fair to those who play regularly, and to those who only play a couple of times as well, I will use a new system for allocating points and prizes. The person with the winning score will receive 10 points, 2nd place will receive 9 points, 3rd place 8 points and so on. In the event of ties both will get the points eg.

Winner scores 14 = 10 points
2nd place scores 11 = 9 points
Joint third scores 10 = 8 points each player
4th place scores 8 = 7 points

And so on.

The points from each week will be accumulated and averaged over the number of times you have played. There will be a 4-game minimum entry to qualify for a leaderboard position and to qualify for "leaderboard prizes".

I know this is complicated but its trying to make it fair for whether you play a couple of games or every week.

In addition, there will be a prize draw! The prize draw is open to every single person that enters, regardless of whether you meet the 4-game minimum. Every time you enter the quiz you will receive one entry in to the draw. So the more you play the more chance you have of winning a prize.

Finally there will be a prize for "Funniest Answer" because I do like you lot keeping me amused!

Prizes:

A Knitted Bunny by Lady Jane. Thank you Blackberry & Co for donating this prize :)

BunniesLadyrelaxingapril2011andpetticoats112.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A handmade cushion cover by Bunnyaddict, made in a style of your choice, example here:

DSCF5846.jpg

And more examples on this thread. Thank you Bunnyaddict for donating this prize :) http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=269222

Wooden Spoon/Funniest Answer prize is a carrot shaped bowl from the Hay Experts.
2011-05-22195832.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent thanks guys. Back to defend your title Attilathebun? :D:wave:

Prizes will hopefully be up today or tomorrow! :)

Thanks for all the entries for the first week of the new quiz :wave::D

I will be right back with results etc. :D

Just counting up the scores....but first of all well done to Blackberry & Co and Barn Yard Bunnies for noticing question 14 was wrongly worded.

Bart Simpson does not have an older sister, he is the eldest. However my quiz book said Lisa anyway, and you all got that right! Phew.

(Stoopid quiz book!)

This week's winners are RNGPWelfare and Snowy, who both got a perfect score of 15. RNGPWelfare submitted answers first so is technically this week's winner!! Well done Tracy and Theo! :wave:

The leaderboard after one week looks like this (need to play the 4-game minimum to qualify for the prize):

RNGPWelfare Score 15 / Leaderboard Points 10
Snowy Score 15 / Leaderboard Points 10
My OH Score 14 / Leaderboard Points 9 (not eligible for prizes)
Barnyard Bunnies Score 12.5 / Leaderboard Points 8
Hurricanhoney Score 12 / Leaderboard Points 7
Blackberry & Co Score 11 / Leaderboard Points 6.

Everyone has an entry in to the prize draw hat also. :)

Answers will go up on first page in a tickety-boo.

Thank you for playing - hope to see you same time next week :wave:

Back