• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hormonal buck after operation

Roseberry

Mama Doe
Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this. We picked up Barney yesterday morning after him having surgery on Friday, he seems fine, in fact very pleased to be home and wanting a fuss all the time. He was constantly jumping on my lap (and laptop!) and my OH's lap (even though he never gets stroked by him) and then after a while i noticed hiim chasing round me a lot, then I realised he was trying to hump me! my leg, arm, whatever!

he has never done this before, only around other rabbits such as when he was trying to assert dominance over his former hutch mate my male, Flopsy. He wouldnt stay still so in the end we found an old teddy and pretending it was a rabbit and eventually he became sufficiently interested ! not long til me was bored of it though.

tbh i am glad he has come through the surgery ok and is clearly well but this is so bizarre! any ideas why he might be doing this? R

:lol::lol::lol:

Getting his fun while he still can I suppose! It will be around 6 weeks before his hormones die down.

thanks Hoppit. he has calmed down now actually. it just kinda took me by surprise cause it was so out of character!

oh just realised what you meant! it wasnt a neutering he had an abscess removed! neutering was going to be done at same time but we decided against it cause his eye was so bad.

Oh I see! :oops::lol: Well, getting him neutered should stop it happening again. Come to think of it, I think my boys used to get randy after a GA. How odd!

Back