• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jordan and Daisy and their Playhouse

minimack

Mama Doe
Here are my buns and their play house.

frontofplayhouse.jpg
[/IMG]
Front of playhouse
slope.jpg
[/IMG]
Side of Playhouse with a pretty steep slope cant think of a way of attaching a run on here?????
insideplayhouse.jpg
[/IMG]
Inside of playhouse
daisy.jpg
[/IMG]
Daisy
jordan.jpg
[/IMG]
Jordan looking very guilty next to Action Man lol!!!
They are free range from around 7am to 11pm daily and are in their playhouse overnight

Awww thats quite nice and they are lovely, I would probably extend it out to the side on the shingle bit perhaps, just need to level it off and put some chicken wire down and turf on top maybe? You clearly love them and who wouldn't:love:

Level it off by digging down and then reapplying the earth and using a roller or whacker plate to condense it, or if you want it raised rake off the shingle to one side, apply more topsoil and level then chicken wire then turf - I got 7 rolls of turf on Saturday for £7.00 they aren't brilliant but with watering should come back hopefully, I've to re-turf Pixie and Gizmos as she has dug pot holes everywhere so sadly I've to put chicken wire then turf on top, I'll give her a digging box though little minx !:lol: You can drive round and find topsoil anyone having a driveway or patio or extension etc usually has loads free or you can buy it.

Last edited:
Looking at the steepness of the slopes around the playhouse, that would be a mammoth job to level off. :shock: Is it the same at the right hand side as well?

:shock: I wouldn't fancy that job.

I'm wondering if there is a way of using any of the runaround tunnels from the side of the playhouse down the slope to a run on the patio slabs. :?

http://www.runaround.co.uk/runaround/Products.html

:lol: I suppose it's tricky if you don't have a bloke to help, a wheelbarrow to dump topsoil to raise it up or just digging it down and moving somewhere else in the garden using a wheelbarrow isn't too bad, it would take me a day I reckon on my own. It always looks worse till you start it, I agree though a tunnel idea would be good they'd love that I'm sure.:) Ps I was referring to the area with the pots on - it actually looks like quite a small area to me but perfect for a mini aviary run the same height as the playhouse. Actually an alternative would be to build a mini aviary run/extension on the front?

Last edited:
How about doing a run thing on stilts? or atleast a deck and then you could do a ramp down to a bigger run on the ground?

Some of mine are on this thread to give you an idea what I mean http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=287361

I should say the whole reason for me doing mine on stilts was so I didn't have to level the ground (too much like hard work):D

yeah, that would work great :D It's a lovely playhouse for 2 gorgeous buns! :love:

Back