• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well, I did it! NEW PICS ADDED!

MarieAnson

Warren Scout
I went to Nottingham today to have a look at a bun who was needing rehoming.
Hs name is Kaka (that will have to change!)

He was owned by a Chinese student and kept in her apartment in the city centre. She hardly spoke a word of English :?
It was a little awkward, but when I saw Kaka and the tiny cage he lived in plus the state his litter tray was in, I just knew I couldn't walk away and leave him there.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he was in bad condition, but his living situation wasn't ideal.
Hubby came with me and we even took our two children along too.
Anyway without wishing to babble on, I brought Kaka home :love:

He has moved into the conservatory for the time being and so far he has decided to hide behind the sofa, coming out every now and again for a little nosey. As I am typing this he is having a little binky around the coffee table :lol:

I would love to change his name ( In other languages the name means something less pleasant) Has anyone else tried renaming a bun and does it work?
One thing that this bun has to get used to is non Chinese people :shock:
He has only ever been in contact with Chinese students and I am a 6ft blonde, so he must be quite scared :lol:
He doesn't know English either, as she spoke to him in Chinese!

Anyway, does anyone have any advice as what I should now do? Would it be a wise move to get him to the vets for a once over? Also should I get him neutered (he is 1 yr old) but she doesn't know his exact age.

He hasn't poo'd yet, but he is going whappy around my coffee table :lol: and I am getting lots of chin rubs on my slippers. Good signs?

Last edited:
Awwww well done. Pics? Do you know what he was used to foodwise? I would make any diet changes gradually so as not to uspet his tummy

ooo! Sounds like he's settled in so quickly!

We need pictures! Can't help with a name without seeing some photo's of the lovely little bunny!

Congratulations on your new bunny! x

New bun means you HAVE to post pictures. Those are the rules. :no:

I wouldn't worry about changing his name. None of my buns respond to their names anyway :lol: Sounds like he's settling in well!

I am trying to take pictures, honestly I am, but he won't stop still, he is going mad running and jumping all over.:lol:

This is the best I can do given the low lighting and a binky mad bun.
I have just had a solitary poop deposited at my feet and now he is running round and round my slippers. Does this bun need neutering soon?

I do have a supply of his existing food, he is on Excel pellets and she was feeding him lots of treats :? He has been washing himself and eating his food and hay, so early signs are good. Fingers crossed for a bright future.

Any name suggestions?

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

He's beautiful! You definitely made the right choice :D

Hmmm... how about Jaffa? different, but not too different to his old name

He is lovely :love::love: I wouldn't worry about changing his name - I changed the name of all mine! (Couldn't leave a male bun called Crystal :lol: so he is called Pebbles now, but I think he responds to my voice, not his name!!)

Back