• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi,Cage help please

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
Hiya
i am new to this site so prob posting in the wrong places :oops:

Just wanted your opinons please,Just wondering about cages,at the mo i have Minni (french lop) in a ferplast 120 which is 118cm length,58cm width and 51cm high

but my friend has a dog crate going free which is 104cm length i know this is a bit smaller but the width and height are alot bigger.

Just wondering if it would be a better option seeing as shes going to get alot bigger, when i am home which is most of the time between school runs ill let her have run of the frontroom etc
Caroline
xxx

Hiya

Just wanted your opinons please,Just wondering about cages,at the mo i have Minni (french lop) in a ferplast 120 which is 118cm length,58cm width and 51cm high

but my friend has a dog crate going free which is 104cm length i know this is a bit smaller but the width and height are alot bigger.

Just wondering if it would be a better option seeing as shes going to get alot bigger, when i am home which is most of the time between school runs ill let her have run of the frontroom etc
Caroline
xxx

You could make another level in the crate to give more room, or just a ledge to hop up to :) As long as she gets good exercise :love: I have a crate, it's a 48inch one, and they are really good to have, a lot better than the cages :)

Hiya

Caroline
xxx

She definitely will get a lot bigger, s i would say you need to go for an even larger sized crate, the 121cm or something. The 104 won't be big enough.

Most definatly not!! when i am home she will have run of the frontroom and as she gets more confident ill let her explore the rest of the house
x

Cool :)

I'd still get a bigger crate for the time she will be in it. You can pick up decent priced ones on Ebay.

Bit of advice.....definitely have her neutered, as unspayed buns can be a nightmare in the house. I speak from experience lol ;)

Cool :)

I'd still get a bigger crate for the time she will be in it. You can pick up decent priced ones on Ebay.

Bit of advice.....definitely have her neutered, as unspayed buns can be a nightmare in the house. I speak from experience lol ;)

Thanks for the replies,
ill have a look on ebay, shes only 10 weeks and i got her Friday so shes still settleing in,ive left the cage open and she came out for a quick sniff about.

Will get her neutered,how old do they have to be?
xx

Thanks for the replies,
ill have a look on ebay, shes only 10 weeks and i got her Friday so shes still settleing in,ive left the cage open and she came out for a quick sniff about.

Will get her neutered,how old do they have to be?
xx

6 months, but some vets will do it earlier if they are suitably developed. Speying will also protect her against uterine cancer. Reduces the risk by up to 85%, so well worth it :)

Can I also reccommend that you have her vaccinated against Myxi as soon as you can (if not already done). Have a look at the video link I posted in this section and you'll see why :(

We'll expect pics by the way ;)

Back