• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried Herbs & Rose Petals/ Leaves...

abi2047

Mama Doe
Does anyone know if it's safe to give baby rabbits dried herbs, rose petals and the leaves? The rose bush is a pink miniature one. I know about introducing new foods slowly etc. :wave:

I'd start by introducing some dandelion/flat leaf parsley about a tablespoon per day initially then if her poops are fine I'd increase it after a couple of weeks to two tablespoons worth slowly & gradually is best with young buns. I'd personally avoid rose petals to start with & go for the softer flavour things like dandelions/flat leaf parsley/spring green/carrot top just one each week your effectively testing her tolerance so try one thing for a week & then another the following week but very small amounts and build it up as she grows.

Ps dried herbage like excel do would be fine on some hay about a tablespoon though very small amounts while your testing her tolerance.

Back