• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your pets have a special dinner name/call? lol :D

zayna1

Warren Scout
When i'm calling my cat for dinner, whether he's outside or upstairs, i just say 'felix foodies' and he comes running :lol:. Its the same with the rabbits. They free range in the garden during the day, so when it's dinner time or time to go back inside i just call 'bailey, monty, dinner' and they come running! Its funny because they're usually scared of me, but when it's 'dinner' (i.e. pellets time) they love me to pieces :lol::lol:
Do your pets have like a special name they respond to when it's time to eat?

We don't need to call or use a name- all the animals get fed morning and night so they know feeding time and are usually giving us the hint by calling or scrabbling.

:wave:Hi, yes i say to my gang " come on everyone, supper time!!" then individually (I have 13 at the mo in pairs mostly) "come on Poppy and Pippin, come on mummy's little lad, suppers!!" "come on nurseries, suppers!!" etc, then i tell off the individual 'scoffers' telling them to share as it's not nice to eat it all without sharing! ha, anyone would think they were human, but I don't care, i love chatting to them!!

:wave:Hi, yes i say to my gang " come on everyone, supper time!!" then individually (I have 13 at the mo in pairs mostly) "come on Poppy and Pippin, come on mummy's little lad, suppers!!" "come on nurseries, suppers!!" etc, then i tell off the individual 'scoffers' telling them to share as it's not nice to eat it all without sharing! ha, anyone would think they were human, but I don't care, i love chatting to them!!

:lol::lol: I know what you mean! I have one sided conversations with mine all the time :) . I also have to tell the little one off for being greedy:D

Yes mine all know when its time to be fed. Sometimes one will be snoozing or playing in another room so I always call out "din dins" or "break break breakies". Then I hear the charge of pawsies :love:

I'm sure the neighbours must think I'm mad talking them, especially with some of the strange nicknames i have, Harley - I call him Mookie the moo cow as his sweet little face reminds me of a highland cow. Bramble gets called Brambie and Baby Daisy gets called Bead - some of us may be mad but very happy!!!:love:

i dont for scooter but yet again hes always come to the sound of his pellets being poured into his dinner bowl or the rattling of his treat ball i use this to get him back in his cage at night.

My lot, especially the upstairs piggie trio, know "Teatime!". As soon as piggies start shrieking the bunnies know too! :)

Timmy and Mimi go nuts when I say "whats this?" :love:

Max knows i have something for him when I say "Oi" in a high pitched voice :lol:

Louie gives us a hint by sitting by his food bowl looking sad :roll:

If by any chance he isn't there at feeding time, I call "Louie, foodies" or Louie, dindins" and he always comes running :love:

George recognises the sound of the lid popping off the top of the cerial tub i keep his food in...........then i get my legs scrambled at and if i'm not quick enough a nip on the ankle :roll:

I just pick up the pellets.

They hear me!

Although, it's got to the point where anytime I pick up a cellophane bag, or carrier bag (herbs are in a cellophane bag!) they come running! So I'll be getting a crumpet out and they're there in a shot!

Back