• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So called 'rescue' ... -.- (ANGRY..)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
On facebook I have 2 'rescue' places by me I follow (one is actually a foster home for the main rescue'. We got our cat from one of the people because she actually wrote that she would have to have them put down if she couldn't find homes.. And when we picked her up OMG :shock: Everywhere was a mess, dog hair, cat hair, children dotted around.. And bird poo on the floor with 3 budgies flying at each other.. Needless to say, Roxy is the most beautiful cat ever :)

I was just looking on there and the amount of STUPID:evil: people:censored:!!
There was one girl.. About 18 or 19, major chav.. "Lookin 4 a dog or rabbet 4 my 3yr old son cuz he wants 1" ... :shock: really?? wow.. Then she posted "Lookin 4 hutch and run" Brilliant..

Another.. 18 or 19 year old girl "guinea pig wanted" ...

Another..... "interested in baby rabbit pref one that grows big ??" And then has recently posted "wanted; 4ft hutch or whatever is going, and maybe a run" :shock: :censored:

There are ones saying "any1 got any kittens or puppies for free?" and "want an african grey parrot" ....
AND :censored: someone .. omg.. "New Rabbit Hucth For Sale, Brand New, Never used, just under 3ft, Suitable for guinea pigs and small rabbits, contact us by leaving a message here, Thanks, Collection from Wilnecote." :evil: Selling it for £40. But the worst thing is that about 8 different people were interested including the one who wanted a 4ft hutch for a 'baby rabbit that pref grows big'..

"want parrot free or cheep as plz inbox me cheers"

"do you have any rabbits that need a new home...i already have a male rabbit so would prefer another male rabbit if possible,thanks"

Someone is asking for rabbits 'as young as pos' and then changed their minds and now want rats..

AND ANOTHER ONE .. another that wants a rabbit or dog for their son too!! "hi I'm lukin for a dog or rabbit free or cheap as poss as my 2 year old son wants one inbox me with info x"

I just got annoyed and sent an ...educated comment on a post :evil:
There is the same person spaced about 5 weeks apart, 3 posts, saying that bunnies are for sale and ready to go etc.. each come with a choice of a 4ft hutch. Yaaaay.. Brilliant...

This is a girl who took a rabbit from them and her recent posts are:
"have baby rabbits should be ready for Easter if anybody is interested inbox me x" and "hutches wanted, any size. inbox me xx"

"hello i am selling two white albino rabbits if anyone is intressed called poppy and rubin sold with the hutch for 50pounds i live in coventry if you are interessed email me on here thankyou" because she got dogs instead...

I could go on but.. the amount of poor poor animals being taken advantage of and bred etc.. Makes me so angry! :censored: Some people are so ignorant..

I know for a fact the actual rescue and foster try really hard with what little they have but people advertise on their site and it's for their own selfish gain while at the same time potentially ruining animals lives.. :(

I've got pretty angry at some rescues on Facebook too. It why I think legislation covering rescues could be a very good idea. Sadly most people don't even think about the consequences of breeding.

I've got pretty angry at some rescues on Facebook too. It why I think legislation covering rescues could be a very good idea. Sadly most people don't even think about the consequences of breeding.

I think they just want to make money for themselves to be honest. And the care, even treatment of the animals isn't thought about.. Boo:(

Sorry I dont understand ? So these people who dont care about their animals or welfare have posted on a rescues facebook wall to try and avertise their sales ?

I know of rescues who think breeding your pets is ok. I also now of people who advertise bred pets on a rescue's Facebook pages and the rescue is happy to allow it.

I know of rescues who think breeding your pets is ok. I also now of people who advertise bred pets on a rescue's Facebook pages and the rescue is happy to allow it.

There is another rescue near me who think that it's okay to sell 3ft hutches. I have posted the link to the RWAF but they seem to ignore it...

Back