PDA

View Full Version : reluctant bunny

maggiebuns
15-05-2011, 01:03 PM
:wave: How do I trim a very reluctant bunny’s nails, coco needs his nails trimming he absolutely detests being picked up,:( so far I have tried cradling him in my arms, lying next to him while his eating and picking his paw up, treats, wrapping him in a towel, even tried when his flopped out, any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, my other two rabbits are easy to do,:) but not his lordship :oops:
marg x

crazyames
15-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Do you have a patio that you can put a run on? It may take a bit of time but it'll eventually wear his nails down :wave:

maggiebuns
15-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Do you have a patio that you can put a run on? It may take a bit of time but it'll eventually wear his nails down :wave:

:wave: sorry meant to say their house rabbits, i don't have a run but they do have supervised time in garden weather premitting :)

Tamsin
15-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Do you have a spare set of hands? Popping him on a table with someone else to hand him still might work better. I tend to do a paw at a time as the objections build up the longer they have too stay still :lol:

maggiebuns
15-05-2011, 05:46 PM
thanks tamsin, will see if my daughter will hold him still, he's such a wriggle bun :lol: last time she tried to pick him up she ended up with a four inch scratch down her arm, will try what you suggested anyway, and see how it goes
many thanks
marg

Tamsin
15-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Ouch, I can sometimes get Scamp to sit still for one foot on my own but he makes a fuss about it. I found the easiest way is me holding him and my mum snipping.. even if we have the "That much.. no a little bit more" conversation for each nail :lol: Would she be okay doing the snipping? You might be able to do the holding better if you're more confident with handling.

maggiebuns
15-05-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks she should be okay, he's got black nails so i'll ask her just to take the tips off, knowing my luck coco being coco will probably bite her:oops: as much as i love him, he's never been easy to handle, even at the vets when he was nuetered the nurse had to scruff him to check his stitches, which i wasn't happy about, anyway here goes will let you know if i was successful :roll:

maggiebuns
15-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Ouch, I can sometimes get Scamp to sit still for one foot on my own but he makes a fuss about it. I found the easiest way is me holding him and my mum snipping.. even if we have the "That much.. no a little bit more" conversation for each nail :lol: Would she be okay doing the snipping? You might be able to do the holding better if you're more confident with handling.

:oops: she wouldn't do the trimming, so she held him, took 15 mins to trim two nails, he decided he had had enough :lol: so will try again tomorrow night, :roll:
the other two are proper snuggle buns they are so easy to trim, but coco he's one on his own:lol: