• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

reluctant bunny

maggiebuns

Warren Scout
:wave: How do I trim a very reluctant bunny’s nails, coco needs his nails trimming he absolutely detests being picked up,:( so far I have tried cradling him in my arms, lying next to him while his eating and picking his paw up, treats, wrapping him in a towel, even tried when his flopped out, any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, my other two rabbits are easy to do,:) but not his lordship :oops:
marg x

Do you have a patio that you can put a run on? It may take a bit of time but it'll eventually wear his nails down :wave:

Do you have a patio that you can put a run on? It may take a bit of time but it'll eventually wear his nails down :wave:

:wave: sorry meant to say their house rabbits, i don't have a run but they do have supervised time in garden weather premitting :)

Do you have a spare set of hands? Popping him on a table with someone else to hand him still might work better. I tend to do a paw at a time as the objections build up the longer they have too stay still :lol:

thanks tamsin, will see if my daughter will hold him still, he's such a wriggle bun :lol: last time she tried to pick him up she ended up with a four inch scratch down her arm, will try what you suggested anyway, and see how it goes
many thanks
marg

Ouch, I can sometimes get Scamp to sit still for one foot on my own but he makes a fuss about it. I found the easiest way is me holding him and my mum snipping.. even if we have the "That much.. no a little bit more" conversation for each nail :lol: Would she be okay doing the snipping? You might be able to do the holding better if you're more confident with handling.

thanks she should be okay, he's got black nails so i'll ask her just to take the tips off, knowing my luck coco being coco will probably bite her:oops: as much as i love him, he's never been easy to handle, even at the vets when he was nuetered the nurse had to scruff him to check his stitches, which i wasn't happy about, anyway here goes will let you know if i was successful :roll:

Ouch, I can sometimes get Scamp to sit still for one foot on my own but he makes a fuss about it. I found the easiest way is me holding him and my mum snipping.. even if we have the "That much.. no a little bit more" conversation for each nail :lol: Would she be okay doing the snipping? You might be able to do the holding better if you're more confident with handling.

:oops: she wouldn't do the trimming, so she held him, took 15 mins to trim two nails, he decided he had had enough :lol: so will try again tomorrow night, :roll:
the other two are proper snuggle buns they are so easy to trim, but coco he's one on his own:lol:

Back