• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fencing/barrier ideas?

Parsnip&tats

Warren Scout
Last week I plucked up the courage to let my buns free-range for the first time; supervised of course! They had a great time - it was just a little stressful for me! :lol:
My main problem was they wanted to go in the flower boarders around the edge of the garden. I have no idea what plants are what as my gardening skills are nil and my neighbour did most of the plant choosing, gardening etc. :D So im after some way of just fencing of that area. I dont want to put up a pen as Im happy for them to go everywhere else :D
Their free time will ALWAYS be supervised so my aim is simply something that will discourage them for going in that area. The distance needed to be fenced over is about 40foot in total as it doesnt go round the whole garden. I would like the solution to be temporary and be put away when not in use. I have considered a long length of puppy panels but didnt think it would be very stable.
Heres a photo of the area:
buns044.jpg
(The boarder goes round a little more to left and right)

Maybe rolling out fencing or similar? Any ideas welcome :D

Couldnt resist adding pics of buns enjoying the garden:D
buns036.jpg

buns043.jpg

They're lovely - and look so happy being out and about. Don't know what the answer is re plant/bunny protection: mine ate just about everything, including tree bark (killing the trees of course!).:roll:

I use three of these runs : http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/runs_fencing/pens_with_racks/184138

but join them together to make one big area for my two to run in. I have to supervise them though as it is open at the top so predators could get in. They peg into the ground and are sturdy enough for supervised play.

:)

Thats interesting that they peg into the ground :) this is certainly looking like my best option at the moment:D

They're lovely - and look so happy being out and about. Don't know what the answer is re plant/bunny protection: mine ate just about everything, including tree bark (killing the trees of course!).:roll:
Hehe :lol: I would happily let them eat whatever they wanted, but not knowing what stuff worries me that they cant eat it :? I think I would be happier preventing them just incase.

I used the play pens, 2 from zoo plus joined together. I bought some metal tent pegs to secure to the ground better. You can take down easily and fold up to store, and don't look too bad when up.
Btw I use the pens opened out as a fence now rather than in a circle...forgot to say that!

Back