• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Timmy Has Uveitis Again :( u/d Been to vets

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
August of last year I noticed his eye looked strange, got him to the vets and Uveitis was diagnosed. Heres the thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=240111

Today his right eye is again looking as though the Uveitis has returned. His pupil is smaller than the left one and the iris is paler. The white of hiseyeis blood shot :( Im almost certain its the same thing as it looks identical to last time.

Last time a week of steroidal/abx eye drops sorted it out, so lets hope its successful this time aswell. Just feel bummed out for my poor boy coz I think the vet will need to measure the pressure in his eye with what looks like a medieval torture devise again, which really distressed him :shock::(

Vibes for my little angel boy please xxxxxx

Btw, bunny med people, is it common for uveitis to return?

Last edited:
August of last year I noticed his eye looked strange, got him to the vets and Uveitis was diagnosed. Heres the thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=240111

Today his right eye is again looking as though the Uveitis has returned. His pupil is smaller than the left one and the iris is paler. The white of hiseyeis blood shot :( Im almost certain its the same thing as it looks identical to last time.

Last time a week of steroidal/abx eye drops sorted it out, so lets hope its successful this time aswell. Just feel bummed out for my poor boy coz I think the vet will need to measure the pressure in his eye with what looks like a medieval torture devise again, which really distressed him :shock::(

Vibes for my little angel boy please xxxxxx

Btw, bunny med people, is it common for uveitis to return?

It can do, yes.

http://wildlife1.wildlifeinformation.org/S/00dis/Miscellaneous/UveitisRabbit.html

Lots of vibes for him xx

My poor angel is in pain I think :( He is eating normally but is definatly more subdued than usual. I dont have any Metacam here, is there anything I can do to relieve his pain abit until we see the vet tommorrow?
X

Will be taking my precious little man to the vets today, will call for an appointment as soon as they open.
I feel so guilty coz I'm working until 3 so cant take him until after that :( He ate his brekkie normally though, just seems a tiny bit subdued.
I wish I had some Metacam in for these situations, can you order it off line or does it have to be prescription?
Please send some vibes for him. Hes usually such a well behaved good tempered little boy but last time they did the tonometry test on him he was desperately trying to escape and squeeking :cry::cry::cry:

Poor TImmy :( I believe Metacam is by prescription only. My vet had to prescribe it for me for Smudge for use when he starts showing stasis symptoms. It's sounds awful for him poor love. :(

You can order Metacam/meloxidyl online but you DO need to fax/send a prescription for it - it is prescription only :wave:

Well I cant get an appointment until tommorrow :evil: As he is eating and pooing normally its not classed as an emergency so they cant fit him in today :roll:
To be fair theyre probably right, hes fine in himself and eating well, but he's my baby and I want him seen TODAY :evil: I hate the thought that he is in pain :(

Difficult isnt it Gemma.

Loads of vibes for Timmy.

Ask your vet to prescribe metacam, and when he does, ask to prescribe the 32ml bottle, not the 10ml, then you can keep the metacam indoors. it has a 6 month shelf life so ideal to keep indoors. Obviously, never use it without consulting a vet first, but for future, it might help - obviously, not in this situation.

Hope he is okay and you can not be so stressed :)

Difficult isnt it Gemma.

Loads of vibes for Timmy.

Ask your vet to prescribe metacam, and when he does, ask to prescribe the 32ml bottle, not the 10ml, then you can keep the metacam indoors. it has a 6 month shelf life so ideal to keep indoors. Obviously, never use it without consulting a vet first, but for future, it might help - obviously, not in this situation.

Hope he is okay and you can not be so stressed :)

Thankyou Gray :wave:

Unfortunately my vet is extremely cautious about giving too much Metacam, and always gives me only the exact amount prescribed for a course. So Im never left with any leftovers :(

Im ok, just throwing a strop which I know is unreasonable as they are a tiny practise and probably have many other far poorlier animals than Timmy to see today. He is fine so far, his eye has not got any worse today and like I say hes eating etc. I just need to relax really! :oops:

Back from the vets, it is uveitis like before as I suspected. We have the same drops as before, Fradexam, to use 3 times a day for a week. It worked a treat last time so Im hoping it will be as successful this time round.
Good news is he didnt do the tonometry test on him, which Im pretty sure nearly sent him into stasis last time because it distressed him so much. Just a good thorough examination from head to toe and we were out of there :)
Hes had a fenugreek crunchie and is now snuggled up with Mimi :love:

Back