• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grass/plant seeds

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
The grass/plants that Dizzi and Rascal currently have planted in their run are dying so I wondered if it would be ok to sprinkle on some more seeds (only bunny friendly plant seeds of course) or whether they'd eat them and it would make them poorly.

Or alternatively, can you suggest anything to revive this lot:

Photo2229.jpg

Thanks x

Don't know about the seeds I'm afraid, but I know my mum puts large plant pots of grass in the run for the buns to jump in and nibble, so she can rotate them round. Last time I was there she had big rectangular ones :wave:

Beware as some grass seed has a fertilizer and herbicide added to the seeds themselves. Is the run moveable? Does it get enough light? Might explain why it is perishing.... plenty of sun and water and it should recover on its own. You could sprinkle down bunny friendly plant seeds but I doubt they would germinate for long enough before nibbled by little mouths! ;)

Have you been watering it? It's been very dry, we've been watering our lawn where the bunnies go and it's still lush and green.

Thanks for your replies (and bumpage) Yeah I've been watering it....not every day but whenever I water the other pots in the garden (a few times a week).

Before the bunnies moved back in it was all almost knee high and I cut a bit down every evening for a couple of weeks to give them for supper so they'd be used to it when they went back out.

However, when they moved back in they had a couple of 'special' poops and I was worried that it was too rich for them so I cut it all right down ..... and that's when it started to really deteriorate!

There is a pot in there but they use it mostly to sit in so anything that was growing - isn't anymore!! :roll: :lol:

I'll keep on watering it (daily) and see if it revives itself ...... and in the meantime I have an underbed storage box not being used (I put it in filled with soil thinking they'd use it as a digging box but they totally ignored it) so will plant something in there too.

Thanks again x

Thanks for your replies (and bumpage) Yeah I've been watering it....not every day but whenever I water the other pots in the garden (a few times a week).

Before the bunnies moved back in it was all almost knee high and I cut a bit down every evening for a couple of weeks to give them for supper so they'd be used to it when they went back out.

However, when they moved back in they had a couple of 'special' poops and I was worried that it was too rich for them so I cut it all right down ..... and that's when it started to really deteriorate!

There is a pot in there but they use it mostly to sit in so anything that was growing - isn't anymore!! :roll: :lol:

I'll keep on watering it (daily) and see if it revives itself ...... and in the meantime I have an underbed storage box not being used (I put it in filled with soil thinking they'd use it as a digging box but they totally ignored it) so will plant something in there too.

Thanks again x

This plus NO rain for over a month = dead lawn i'm afraid! :cry:

Back