• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying Hay

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Does anyone know where I can but hay in SW London? I don't want to have to keep going to the pet shop and wondered if there was a farm shop around that I could get it from instead.

Which type do you recommend? And what size is the best value?

Mine have only had the Ings and love it, but I know Graham's buns love the meadow hay! The biggest bag works out the best value at £1.60 ish per kilo, but you want to make sure they like it first!

Maybe get the sample bag first?

Decisions decisions! I dont really want to pay for samples when I will just have to order again so soon and pay a second delivery charge. Mmmmmm what to buy what to buy?

My two girls love the Soft Meadow Hay from Hay For Pets. I bought the 1.8kg to make sure that they liked it first, but I'm now ordering the 9.5kg bag of it.

The sample packs are only £3, but you could also buy a 1.8kg bag and ask them to put in samples of the other types of hay free of charge, which is what I did. :)

If you are looking to buy a bale Chapmans in Twickenham sell them. They are now about £9 a bale

Decisions decisions! I dont really want to pay for samples when I will just have to order again so soon and pay a second delivery charge. Mmmmmm what to buy what to buy?

That, unfortunately, is the only way to discover which hay they like, and it does save you having to lug it around in the car.

just bought! Im having trouble getting hay around here, and PAH is rubbish. Think I might have to take on an extra shift if I am paying that amount a week though ;)

Back