• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need advice RE: bonding UPDATE :(

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I think I've accidentally bonded my two girls.

I've been 'dating' them for the last few weeks. This is because I've attempted bonding a few times, but benji just humps them non-stop and makes himself sore so I have to stop the bonding, and because of the constant humping the girls didn't really get to mingle with eachother and the whole thing was just getting nowhere really.

So yeah, I've been 'dating' the girls so if the worst happens and benji won't bond with them, there may be a chance that the girls could live together still. Thing is, its gotten to the point where I feel bad separating them: they snuggle, flop, groom, eat together... I don't know whether to wait the extra two weeks and try and bond the trio in half term, or whether to keep the girls together for now and try and bond ben with them in two weeks.

Help! What would you do?:?

Last edited:
I personally would keep the girls together, they sound really happy together, and you might upset them if you keep separating

The girls sound happy together, you may break the bond if you separate now. Was Benji bonded with either of them before and has he been neutered?

I'd keep them together, they sound well and truly bonded. :love: you might break they're bond if you keep separating them maybe?. I know nothing about bonding though so... :lol:..x

Thats great, I would keep them together now.

When you do add Benji to the pair there is a chance that Cupcake and Nahla will fall out.
Cooper and Dexter were good friends but then Cooper didn't like being in a trio, he got depressed and Marley or Dexter or both picked up on it and attacked him and cut his eye and pulled hair and that so Coopers a lone bunny now. So there is a chance when introducing Benji to them that Cupcake and Nahla can fall out esp as it will be a very new bond.

Thats great, I would keep them together now.

When you do add Benji to the pair there is a chance that Cupcake and Nahla will fall out.
Cooper and Dexter were good friends but then Cooper didn't like being in a trio, he got depressed and Marley or Dexter or both picked up on it and attacked him and cut his eye and pulled hair and that so Coopers a lone bunny now. So there is a chance when introducing Benji to them that Cupcake and Nahla can fall out esp as it will be a very new bond.

Yes, I know:wave:

I had to separate them:cry:

I wasn't going to, they were doing really well so I decided to keep them in for the night and see how they went. But when I fed them they started nipping eachother, even though I was making sure that they both got an equal share and the food wasn't in a bowl or anything.

Then Nahla started chasing Cupcake and trying to hump her, and the whole time they've been dating they've NEVER chased/humped/furpulled etc... it got so bad that they were about to fight, so I chucked a towel over them to distract them and gave them a huge new pile of hay... so the fighting stopped for an hour or so.

Then at about 11 they were chasing and nipping, and I have a huge exam this morning so I really needed to sleep, and I had to separate them:(

Meh, not that anyone cares haha.

I care :( I'm really sorry, do you know if anything could have triggered it? I worry about Oscar and Jessie fighting about food, I hand feed them both though so I can keep an eye on them, plus I love bunnies on my knee in the morning :lol:

How did your exam go? :wave:

I care :( I'm really sorry, do you know if anything could have triggered it? I worry about Oscar and Jessie fighting about food, I hand feed them both though so I can keep an eye on them, plus I love bunnies on my knee in the morning :lol:

How did your exam go? :wave:

I think it was definitely the feeding, even though I hand fed them to try and avoid it. I'll have to try scatter feeding when I actually attempt the trio bonding in two weeks.

And it was *okay* thanks. Although a typo was discovered in the paper, which meant there was no right answer for one of the questions, so I don't know what they'll do about that!:lol:

Back