• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Skye & a diet question.

Skye has spent her first night here, and shes a little Cracker! I thought shed be nervous and spend most of the first day hiding away in the box in her litter tray.

OBVIOUSLY I WAS WRONG!! Shes soooo condifent!! Dawn has done such a great job at raising her, shes deffo going to keep me on my toes!

She literally doesnt sit still for more than half an hour at a time :shock: Shes eating and drinking and pooing, she will quite hapily sit and eat when im watching her too :) She doesnt seem to be eating a lot of hay though, i catch her having the odd nibble, but her poos are quite small and dark.

I know its early days, and shes doing well so far, but is there anything i can do to encourage her to eat more hay other than cutting down pellets? She gets 2 table spoons a day + a teaspoon of junior SS.

Ill see if i can add some pictures to her thread in photos, but my laptop is realllly slow and the page doesnt load. :wave:

Anyone?

Im going to the farm shop later anyway, might try a cheap bag of hay, the hay shes used to is a lot finer than my baled stuff, im hoping that might make a difference!

Weve had sunggles and bunny kisses this morning :love:

we have problems with flopsey shes only 6/7mnths and shes thriving on timothy hay within a week she was fantastic just an idea

Try different types of hay to tempt her with it and putting hay in different places like a big heap in a litter tray, some in a brown bag, some in her food bowl etc.

I have a 9 week old flemish giant girl and what I do is unlimited pellets during the day so from about 10am-12pm. Her vegetables are given to her at 11pm too.

Back