• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help. depocillin spill

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Help!

I messed up a jab and it went on her fur.

I've washed off all I can see and just wanted to see is there anything else I can do?

None was groomed off by either.

Very scared :cry:

Help!

I messed up a jab and it went on her fur.

I've washed off all I can see and just wanted to see is there anything else I can do?

None was groomed off by either.

Very scared :cry:

Don't panic you've done all the right things, it happens to the most careful people. Just bathe the area really well - which you've done and perhaps give them some probiotics for the next few days. If you are at all worried you can always phone your vet for advice and maybe a course of metronidazole that seems to help with clostridia growth from penicillin in rabbit guts.

I'm sure she will be FINE! :):wave:

eta that is if either gets an upset tum or shows any adverse symptoms, which i'm sure they won't.

I'm sure it will be fine. I've done this a few times. I just washed it off and all was good. :)

Well yet again, i messed up :cry:

I cleaned as best i could, thought id done well.

Problem is, Biscuit decided to groom Ginger massively for over an hour last night at the injection site.

Now he seems to be craving fibre and tried eating door frames, skirting boards etc and a cardboard box. Have taken the cardboard box away, in fear of him actually ingesting it and causing a blockage.

Waiting for a call from the vet :(

I hope he is ok. I do this often with my injections, some are just so hard to get right :(

He should hopefully be fine if you washed it all off.

Re. giving the jabs...whereabouts do you inject on the body?

Why is it spilling? Is it any of the reasons below?
1. Sticking the needle straight through the skin and out the other side
2. Blockage in the needle forcing the needle and syringe apart
3. Not sticking the needle in far enough and injecting into the skin rather than beneath it.

Back