• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not what we intended in getting

breeze

Mama Doe
well we went to the auction today with the intentions of getting some more chickens but came to a pen and saw these two beauties.owner was standing by pen so got talking to her and got loads of advice and tips before buying.my uncle has a farm so once they get too big they will be going there.but for now we are going to enjoy their fluffy little cuteness.they were hand reared sort of thing so really tame.only 16 days so weve been told so got heat lamp out for them for night time :love:
IMG01567-20110514-1333.jpg

They were incubator hatched and only need heat for 2wks.going keep lamp on them for a week or two just make sure.does anybody have experience keeping geese?

Sorry no experience with geese, although if they turn out to be both male, it shouldn't be a problem. I think they tend to get on well and even homosexuality is common in geese.
My friend bought 3 goslings, and they turned out to be 2 males and a female. The males paired off and the female was left out. They finally rehomed one of the males ( which in hindsight was pretty cruel) and the remaining male then paired off with the female.:(

aww :( these two follow each other so if they turn out males the wont be seperated.found myself saying geese,geese,geese in a squeeky voice earlier.hope my neighbours didnt hear me :lol:

Back