• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best bond for 3 bunnies

beki

Mama Doe
My boyfriend seems to be coming round to the idea of a third bunny to bond into my pair. It is going to be a while before I can do this as I don't have the hutch space at the moment for a third but wondered whether a male or female would be best. I know it depends on the personality of the bunny. I have a very dominant female and I think she will be the problem one but she loves reggie. In peoples experience do2 males or 2 females work better? Particularly with a dominant female.

Also, I can't have a shed and perhaps not a playhouse either so what would be the best size hutch for 3 bunnies of small (reggie is a nethie) to medium size. Hutch will be in an aviary when I build it. Aviary will be a minimum of 7x7 foot but depending on how much patio I can dig out could be 7x9 or 7x10

If you have a dominant female I would avoid at all costs trying to bond in another female, there is a chance an additional male may work. If these were my rabbits I would actually avoid trying to bond them into a trio as it is likely that one of the new bunnies is likely to be left out if she is very dominant.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Ruby isn't nasty or aggressive nor does she bite (actually it's reggie who bites her if she gets a bit overpowering ) she just likes to be boss and let him know she is the boss. She regularly humps him to let him know she is in charge and he is very much the submissive bunny but they snuggle and he cleans her more than she cleans him. She is a very friendly rabbit. Do you think this might not work in a trio?

Back