• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

off to the pet shop

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
not been in years, don;t like going, but ran out of hay and its the only place i can get to today, did have a bag of hay in shed but had to throw it away, as rats had got into shed, and took in the rat poison from under sehd floor, and i found chewed blankets, rugs and bits of the bait, and because i ripped an opening in hay bag to stop it sweating didn't want risk feeding it to the bunnies, in cause its got contaminated

and bunnies are looking at me as if to say, mum you forgot to top up our hay :lol:

Hi Lisa, just a thought, it might be an idea to store the hay elsewhere for awhile if possible - until you get rid of the rat problem. As the poison particles may contaminate their hay. Sorry don't want to scare you. x

ive always kept it in the kitchen, we have the rabbits cupboard,so no need to worry, i only had a bag of hay in shed as i got an extra bale, but won;lt be putting anything else in there agaiun, ive even thrown the wild bird feed out :wave:

went pet shop :cry: poor babie bunnies about 10 right at front of shop, in shop window :cry:

My bunny food, hay and nibbles are all in plastic storage boxes in the garage. was worried about things getting in to it, but this seems to have helped.

Back