• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hes the first pet let alone a bunny to do this!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bertie my rew frenchie has been on phenobarbital pills twice a day...and metacam every night....the liquid version of the pills made him unweel and too stressed so its back on the pills!!

i give them about the same time each day..10.30amish..and 10.30pmish.

bertie in the last week has started coming up to me at roughly those times and sitting at my feet nudging me...so i make a fuss...no not that.....i pick up the medicne box and he sits up on his hind legs and then gets down and takes the pill wrapped in a treat..then the metacam syringe...all gone...off he lollops...

in the morning he sits and makes a fuss until he has his pill.

i have never ever had this with any pet ive had as a child or adult....its so odd!! But especially a bunny...how does he know!!:shock::love:

Sometimes they just surprise us! What a fab bunny, I wish mine would do that. The number of times I am in bed and remember I didn't give the buns their abx etc so have to trudge back out to them!!

I hope he keeps this helpfulness up!!

Pets have a sense of time and metacam is sweet afaik, so most rabbits like it. He probably thinks it's treat time! :thumb:

thank you all xx

yes i guess he does....the soppy floppy old cuddle monster:love:
never realised that......mind you he thinks fibreplex and panacur pastes are rabbit treats:oops::lol::lol:

sad thing is...i doubt he will ever off of his meds:(

the phenobarb pills are for his fits...the metacam to help calm down any inflammation etc.

so its good hes so easy:wave:

Liz (Hugo's there) posted some pics of her buns taking their syringes through the bars of their cage a while ago, which I thought was brill, and we used to have a heart bun that would sit in his shed and take 3 syringes of meds without needing to touch him.

Never heard of one that knew the time it was due though - what a clever little man:D, and so much easier all round if it can all be done stress free.

Both Digby and Chester would lick their meds from a spoon, they even liked Baytril:shock: I thought it might be down to them being older boys and their taste buds not being so good:oops:

Back