• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can you tell if a bunny has sight problems?

beki

Mama Doe
It's just reggie seems so more confident and friendly when indoors compared to outside. He is also more confident in places he is familiar with. He also moves his head up and down and stretches his neck out to look before hopping or walking forward if he is somewhere unfamiliar or in a more open space than the run. He walks a lot rather than hops ( vet says his legs feel fine) He also periscopes a lot.

My boyfriend was wondering if he has sight troubles as he had a partally blind cat that acted in a similar way until he got used to his surroundings. If he is it will explain a lit about his personality as he is not really friendly and very nervous.

TBH all that you described is how all my bunnies act. They do the whole head bobbing up and down thing when in a place they aren't sure of and they are all more confident in their usual environment.

Nutmeg has a slight cloudy patch on her eye and I suspect she has a little difficulty seeing as she will tend to go for you if you move near her on that side.

Thanks for your reply. I just wondered because ruby doesn't do this at all. His eyes look ok just I had never seen another bunny do this but I have only had one previous rabbit before my two so don't have a lot to compare them too.

Back