• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies have the sense ....

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
.... to go back into their hutch at night??

Mine don't seem to ........ they lounge round in their hutch all afternoon then sit outside in the aviary all night..... right by the mesh so if it rains, they get wet!!! Surely they'd be warmer in the hutch??

They've got a fully carpeted bedroom they could use ...... but noooo, the run will do nicely for them (they don't even sit a bit further in where they wouldn't get wet)!!!

Do your buns go inside??

Nope. Sox NEVER goes in his hutch, like never EVER :roll:
Sits in the run through rain, hail and snow. Don't think there's even much point in him having a hutch really! :lol:..x

The minute that Mr Bingley and Blakey learned how to slide the door open between their hutch and run (and that took, Ooo about a day) they were always out at night ... the colder the better as well by the way it seems!
Gave them a lovely snuggle box with loads of bedding in but the only time they took any notice of it was when new bedding was added so they could turf it out :roll:

Bramble only uses his hutch for his litter tray :roll: Would much rather be in his run, so we just cover it over at night!

Nope Poppy doesn't either:roll: I want to convert our shed for her but I have a sneaky feeling that I will spend all of my half term building Poppy a palace and she will still prefer the 6" deep burrow that she has made under her cage:roll:

Mine never go in their hutches, unless it's to poo! They sit on top of them most of the time, but they don't seem to worry about the weather, they're out in it all the time!

PB290003.jpg

IMG00179-20110129-1457.jpg

Glad its not just my two ........ OH gave them their breakfast pellets before he went to work - it was raining and really windy - they were sat out in the run!! :roll:

Just looking at them now the weather has improved a bit and they're sat in the hutch!! :? Whats all that about!?! :lol:

Think I'm going to try the old fleece idea and peg one to the mesh nearby where they sit so at least it protects them from the wind and rain a bit (they do have a proper roof on the aviary but the rains seems to come in sideways here) .........although I suspect they'd probably just either sit somewhere else or try and eat the fleece where its pegged to the mesh!! :lol:

Back