• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wee monster (making stains all over the cage)

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Buckley has forgotten his good litter training habits within his cage. He's fine everywhere else but at the moment he's weeing all over his cage.

And it's staining. How can I get rid of his peepee stains? I know if I disinfect the cage it should be clean but it just looks so dirty :lol:

Buckley has forgotten his good litter training habits within his cage. He's fine everywhere else but at the moment he's weeing all over his cage.

And it's staining. How can I get rid of his peepee stains? I know if I disinfect the cage it should be clean but it just looks so dirty :lol:

Lots of furious scrubbing :evil:

No I have no clue, my buns old cage which I use occasionally has stains on. So annoying! I gave up and fitted a nice bit of lino down really tight to the edges with some clear sealant :)

Spray the cage with white vinegar and let it sit for a while. It takes out the pee stains really good and gets rid of the smell also. Rinse the cage really well after an half hour to an hour. If it is really bad you might need to do it a couple of times.

I use Harpic max toilet cleaner to clean the litter boxes and bottom of indoor cages etc. it dissolves the calcified residues very quickly (I leave it soaking in the bath for about 30 minutes with a few scrubs in between) and I just make sure I give it a thorough rinsing afterwards. Just make sure you wear gloves and don't splash it in your eyes!

Spray the cage with white vinegar and let it sit for a while. It takes out the pee stains really good and gets rid of the smell also. Rinse the cage really well after an half hour to an hour. If it is really bad you might need to do it a couple of times.

I shall try this :) They've only appeared in the past week so it shouldn't be tooooo bad.

He seems to have remembered his litter training now: I only lined his cage with newspaper and a blanket this time... maybe he thought the straw was too much like his litter tray hay to not be a toilet :lol:

I swear by white vinegar.Mine wee all in cage too so I thought about changing the straw for a rug,but when I did that before,B weed on it & Dill chewed it so decided them weeing on straw was best action,though annoying as it is.:)

Buckley haha love the name! that's my family name....i wanted to call one ours Buckley as well haha maybe next bunny :D

Stains.......we have the same bother with my daughter's guinea pig cage .....even vinegar didn't get it completely out, even though it's clean it doesn't look it :( We just cover it up!

Back