• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
:wave:

Who panacur's their buns?

I've been researching and have found info regarding the use of panacur when introducing new buns.

I've read that it's really quite controversial and may not even work... :?

Advice please :thumb:

i panacure for 28 days bleaching on days 21 & 28 every 6 months, it is the only way to prevent & kill EC, after having a bun come down with EC and over £500 in vet bills, i would much rather prevent it then deal with the heart ache and potentially loose a bun to it

this is custards story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyBCkhgcLoU

Awww, poor Custard! Just watched your video :love:

I still don't know... I'm just paranoid about my buns now, after Lottie died suddenly :( I want to take extra precautions :) I read somewhere, panacur can effect their bones :shock:

I panacured mine this year, but this was after it was discovered they had a tapeworm :shock: tapeworm now gone! They are outdoors buns and I will probably do another course of panacur at the end of the year, not going through that again!

I Panacur both of mine every six months, and Panacur saved Zippy when she had EC last year. Im not saying it can't do them any harm (because im not sure if anyone knows if thats true) BUT I think it did Zippy the world of good.

Plus I know if my lot get EC in the future I will have gone some way to preventing it, which I didn't the first time round and felt awful for it :( its not a nice thing to go through . . . . :wave:

Hi guys... :wave:

I just found a leaflet lying round my office.. and it says its a 9 day treatment for panacur, is that wrong? Is it 28 if the bun actually has EC.. and 9 for prevention?

I believe it is 9 days for a normal treatment which can be done as often as every 4 months, or left to every 6 months, and then it is 28 days, if the rabbit is showing symptoms of it, or if another bunny you have has had it recently.

Back