• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our little Niamh is at the vets tonight... U/D P19 She's home :D

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
I'm a bit worried.
Hoping she'll be fine, a bit of metaclop and home tomorrow but I'm a bit worried nevertheless.
She was fine earlier today but later this afternoon she was down, not eating, guts feel a bit doughy.
Called vets and they didnt have any appointments but said to bring her down anyway and when we got there lovely head nurse took a look and said they'd keep her in, give her some meds etc and hopefully all being well she can come home tomorrow.
She's got her brother Biscuit with her.
Just a bit worried is all :? :( Any vibes for our little Niamh would be much appreciated x

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for Niamh. I hope she has a comfortable night and is home with you again tomorrow. x

Thank you so much :love::love:
I just feel really uneasy but hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
Thanks again x

Sending lots of nomming and get well vibes to little Niamh. Sounds like you got her there early so fingers and paws crossed she is ok. She will do better with Biscuit keeping her company too.

Thanks so much for all the vibes, I'll update when I've heard from the vets. Fingers crossed she's bright n breezy this morning :love:

All the best with your vet update. I hope it is all good news.

Positive thoughts from here and a special lot of vibes from our Niamh to your Niamh.:love:

:wave: Thank you, sorry busy day.
Yep she's fine and back home. Just took an injection of metclop. last night and she's ok.
I was so worried cos I had a bun here few years ago now and she died of Mucoid Enteritis despite round the clock car between myself and the vets combined and the first symptom was a 'doughy' abdomen so I just felt I should get Niamh seen asap cos it was such a horrid experience before I couldn't bear for it to happen again.
So she is fine :D Thank you for all the good wishes.
Incidently my bunnies always seem for the most part, to get through autumn winter and the colder bits of spring with pretty much no tummy trouble at all and as soon as the weather warms we seem to get sporadic 'no eating' episodes in quite a few of them.
Does anyone else experience this in their buns or have any ideas of the cause? :?

Well there were a couple of threads about this recently and many of us suspect that heavy moulting could be a factor, as it seems a common link between different cases. One of my buns is still moulting quite heavily at the moment.

I'm really pleased that Niamh is well again, just shows that getting fast vet treatment is worth it :D

Back