• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone in boro/darlo/harlepool area help?

blue_vix

Mama Doe
Well, I'm not quite there yet, I have an appoinment with the homeless speciallist team on the 2nd June, this was the first one they had available.
I have to move out of my student house on/by 18th June and as of yet have no where to go. I could potentially go to OH's but I can't take the bunnies. Pixierabbit is going to look after Lilou and Benji, and Toby and Kira will stay with Tracy but I am stuck for somewhere for Jeremy to go to. I may need a foster home for an undefinate period.

The main problem I'm having is that because I've been ill I have had 4 months off uni, time which I have to make up to graduate; so I'll prob be finishing in Nov. Whilst I'm a student I can't claim housing benefit and I can't work enough hours to pay my own rent so non student places wont take me, but student places wont take me either because they only do contracts for the academic year. I could lie but then when I leave uni I will end up having to move out and still owing the rest of the years rent. Its just all getting scarily close, and having 5 bunnies doesn't seem to make the options any easier. I think they will probs put me in a hostel if I haven't found anywhere, or the uni have offered me nurses accomodation. I cant take the bunnies to either :(:(

Last edited:
I am sorry you are in this situation, I know what you mean about the housing contracts running for whole academic years.

Do you not have any family who you can stay with? Or could you try and find a house share where you can have a short term contract?

What are you plans for when you finish in November?

I could go home but a) mum wont have the bunnies as apparently they are rats without tails and b) its not in commutable distance from uni (Hull to middlesbrough is 2hours on a good day)

I dont really have any plans, If I can only get a year contract I'll stay in boro for a year, Its a vocational course so I'll just apply for OT jobs and see what I get. I have a part time job that could potentially go full time in november depending what work they have available. It's just I have 12 weeks to do in full time placement and two academic pieces of work on top of that so realistically I can't increase my hours I'll just ending getting ill again with the stress. :(

I've just being trying to find a private landlord who maybe doesn't mind if I am a student and then working or on DSS. I basically dont pass a credit check for an agency.

PS if anyone knows someone renting a house or a room near middlesbrough who takes bunnies feel free to PM me :D I have a car so anywhere like darlington, hartlepool. stokesley etc is a doable commute to uni for me.

Last edited:
Would anyone be able to offer a temp foster home for Jeremy? or know of a room to rent/ private land lord or someone who might want a house share anywhere within 45min from boro by car. ??? Please XXX

Last edited:
i'm sorry to hear this. i'm nowhere near you i'm afraid but i hope you can find something suitable soon x

Yey! I have been accepted for a house I applied for, I should be sorting out contracts on friday. I can't wait. It has a HUGE garden so I'm going to keep Logan and get both Logan and Jeremy a girly friend each :D I'm so happy I could hop skip and jump!

Back