• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is feeling very upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBunnyRosie

Young Bun
Rosie has had a little accident, Hubby came in the back gate and Rosie was sat behind the gate, When he came in she ran away so we thought nothing of it.. Bt the next day she wouldnt stand on her back leg. And 3 days later she still isnt weight bearing.. Problem is i have no money what so ever atm and cant take her to see a vet as the vets around here all require payment upfront :(

I would really try to borrow or raise some money somehow, bunny is probably in a lot of pain :( At the very least, they could check to see how bad they think the damage is, and give her some painkillers - I can't imagine that would cost more than £30. (which I appreciate is a lot if you have nothing.)

I beleive if you're on benefits the PDSA may be able to help.

Rosie has had a little accident, Hubby came in the back gate and Rosie was sat behind the gate, When he came in she ran away so we thought nothing of it.. Bt the next day she wouldnt stand on her back leg. And 3 days later she still isnt weight bearing.. Problem is i have no money what so ever atm and cant take her to see a vet as the vets around here all require payment upfront :(

aw sorry to hear about rosie :(

is there a way you can borrow money from friend / family
take out a loan
beg the vets for a payment plan
speak to the rspca (they will sometimes pay the initial consultation fee)

if the worst comes to the worst, i know this sounds harsh, but if snowball needed the vet and there was no way i could pay, i would rehome him to a rescue who would get him the treatment he needed.
(not going to happen, i'd do whatever it took lol)
it's not the ideal situation, because rescues are overflowing. but if you can't pay for her care.. she really needs to see a vet

I really really think I'll we have to ring the vet on Monday and beg for them to see her and be on a payment plan. coz i feel so guilty seeing her like this

Please take Rosie to the vets. Use a credit card or something. She sounds like she is in pain. Whatever happened, it could get worse and end up costing more.

And as above the PDSA don't charge anything if you are getting benefits or on tax credits.

I really really think I'll we have to ring the vet on Monday and beg for them to see her and be on a payment plan. coz i feel so guilty seeing her like this

leaving it till monday could mean it is going to cost even more. Vets are open on Saturdays and Sundays too, please call tomorow at the latest

you really cannot leave her until monday

especially since she has already been like this for 3 days.
the longer you leave it, the worse the problem could get.

tomorrow is the very latest i'd say

you really cannot leave her until monday

especially since she has already been like this for 3 days.the longer you leave it, the worse the problem could get.

tomorrow is the very latest i'd say

I so missed that shes been like this for 3 days :shock: its just not on, Im really sorry but she NEEDS to see a vet. You wouldnt expect a child to be in pain with a possible broken leg for three days, this is no different. You have a duty to give her all the care she needs, including vet care

I cant do Tommorrow as my son has footmatches allday.. She did this 4 days ok
Will ring pdsa see what they say

My boys do rugby (its their life) but would happily miss a match to get an injured animal treatment. Its a duty of care. PDSA also do out of hours emergency service at no extra cost. If you feel you may be eligible please ring them now. What area are you? If you want to pm me your postcode I will try and find your nearest one:D

I so missed that shes been like this for 3 days :shock: its just not on, Im really sorry but she NEEDS to see a vet. You wouldnt expect a child to be in pain with a possible broken leg for three days, this is no different. You have a duty to give her all the care she needs, including vet care

I agree, I'm sure you could miss the footie match for the welfare of you Bunny!

I cant do Tommorrow as my son has footmatches allday.. She did this 4 days ok
Will ring pdsa see what they say

ok, this is going to sound harsh, so i apologise in advance.

she needs to see a vet tomorrow.

not sunday, not monday, tomorrow.

you brought a pet into your home, it is your responsibility to ensure that you look after her. she cannot stand up for herself, that's your job.

the 5 freedoms - it is your responsibility and the law to provide all of them

1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.

2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.

3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.

4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind.

5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.

3 of those aren't being met right now :(

Yes I understand I have a duty but my husband is disabled im on crutches, we have no money.. I try to look after my pets as much as i possible can. No need to talk to me that way. I feel awful enough as it is. and now you have made me feel twice as worse.
Thanks!

Yes I understand I have a duty but my husband is disabled im on crutches, we have no money.. I try to look after my pets as much as i possible can. No need to talk to me that way. I feel awful enough as it is. and now you have made me feel twice as worse.
Thanks!

we aren't trying to be mean and we aren't trying to upset you, we are worried about rosie. it is her feelings that we are all considering.
i'm sorry that that meant you got upset in the process

She needs to see a vet, animal in pain = vet, your children can go to rugby whenever and its not a if they don't go there in pain.

If its been like this for 3days the poor mites probably in extream pain.
My vets are v good ad if you explain will wait for payment. i had to rush blue in several times, my head went totally out the window and forgot purse,cards,cash and they waiting the weekend for me to pay.
If your rabbt needs treatment apart from vaccs most vets atre extreamly willing and will set up a payment plan.

Pleaxse dont take your bunny for granted, you have a chance to help her, cherish her whilst you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back