• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia's Hocks- Tonight I Cried ....... :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
002-8.jpg

001-8.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

No wonder, they look sore. Has she been ok for a while till now? I hope they dry up soon.

Can I ask a question though? I have a couple of buns with smaller versions of the round circle at the top of the first foot. They a re light pink and don't tend to change. Should I be worried about them?

Aw Jane, you're really going through the wars with your lot at the moment... :cry: Thinking of you and sending vibes to all your invalids. :love:

AMETHYST

Your having such a tough time at the moment Jane :(I hope you can get on top of Lady Lydias hocks before they get to bad xxxxx

Oh poor Lydia. Has it got that bad over time? How do you treat them? I get so worried about my bunnies paws too.

It must be so hard having so many sick bunnies. You are wonderful bunny mommy and do everything you can for them. Big ((((((hugs)))))) xxxxx

She point blank refuses to keep dressings on now. As her hocks are likely to remain bad all Summer I am not prepared to keep a Buster Collar on her for months.

She is on medication, but we know that her chronic condition may well shorten her life considerably :cry:

How do they get like that/what condition does she have?
Awkward girl refusing to keep dressings on and buster collars are a nightmare!
I like the idea of knitted socks that someone mentioned, would they not stay on?

I'm sorry she is afflicted with this painful condition :(
And I hope if it cannot be made better that it at least stabilises. :(
Poor girl

Ooooooch!Lady Lydia! Please stop giving your mummeh more headaches and DON'T CHEW YOUR DRESSINGS OFF!!!:no:

So, so sorry you're going through all of this Jane.

Sending you massive squooshy hugs.

xxxx

She point blank refuses to keep dressings on now. As her hocks are likely to remain bad all Summer I am not prepared to keep a Buster Collar on her for months.

She is on medication, but we know that her chronic condition may well shorten her life considerably :cry:

Oh if only she could understand what the dressings are for. :( Sending her lots of healing pawsie vibes. xxx

How does sore hocks shorted their lives? :(

Oh goodness that looks so sore, Poor Lady Lydia :cry:
If only we could talk to them and explain. Lots of vibes for her x

I am going to try again to get her to keep anti-pressure dressings on.

IMO it would be cruel to keep her in a Buster Colour all day every day for the next 4-5 months. She would go crazy and have no quality of life at all.

Good luck Jane xxxx.I agree with you about the buster collar,it would completely freak Lady Lydia out

Back