• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this a reflex?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
essie loves having her ears rubbed but when i gently rub my thumb over the upper inside bit, she slightly drops her head and licks her front paw:) both ears trigger this and she licks either paw. soooooo adorable:love:

is it a reflex action? (do i spend too much time observing bunnies?:oops:)

Yeah mine do that too. Drawing their paw near to their mouth but normally when I rub their cheeks, I always thought it was some sort of reflex.

Yep, Scamp does it too. If you pop your other hand near her nose, you might even get groomed in return. Lots of buns like to lick as they are groomed.

its so cute:D

she might groom me :love:- i'll try what you said tamsin:) i doubt eric would groom me as he tends to lick the carpet instead:roll:

I have read that it is actually an honer if a rabbit grooms something near you. It is showing affection towards you.

(I think it was in the "Why does my rabbit" book:?)

Tulip sometimes does it as I walk past her:love: None of my others do:lol:

I have read that it is actually an honer if a rabbit grooms something near you. It is showing affection towards you.

(I think it was in the "Why does my rabbit" book:?)

Tulip sometimes does it as I walk past her:love: None of my others do:lol:

Aw! Mini and Smudge will groom my clothes but point blank refuse to groom skin. I get licks off Mischa sometimes when he feels like it. :roll: (With Nutmeg I just get chunks taken out of me :p)

Back