• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinegar cleaner

xxranxx

Alpha Buck
I have read on here that diluted vinegar gets rid of the white marks bunny wee leaves on wood ... just wondering if there is a specific amount of vinegar to water? and is it ok to use in their shed?
:)

Where do you by white vinegar supermarket or diy shop? I have used biological washing powder which works.... it also neutralises the smell of dogs pee on the patio cos of the enzymes... just thought that might be useful to someone cos took me ages to find something that worked! :wave:

is it the same as white wine vinegar or is it just white vinegar? :)

I think its slightly different....and white wine vinegar is more expenisve, but ordinary white vinegar does the job and most of the time I don't dilute it either. Works faster neat! You could dilute it a little, it still works, you just need to scrub a bit harder! Also for litter trays/bowls etc I leave it to soak for a bit.

I think its slightly different....and white wine vinegar is more expenisve, but ordinary white vinegar does the job and most of the time I don't dilute it either. Works faster neat! You could dilute it a little, it still works, you just need to scrub a bit harder! Also for litter trays/bowls etc I leave it to soak for a bit.

can you use white wine vinegar? or is it unsafe? :)

can you use white wine vinegar? or is it unsafe? :)

I've used both and never had any problems. It was white wine vinegar that I heard recommended first, then I switched to plain white vinegar as it was so much cheaper!

If you're worried you could always clean with your usual disinfectant cleaner after getting rid of the white marks.

White or brown vinegar are both fine.

Dispense it into an old spray bottle for ease of use.

If you can find somewhere selling Astonish products (usually the cheapy shops) it's 99p for a spray gun of white vinegar :wave:

Also works well as a chew deterrent :)

ooh i have nearly emptied on bottle of cage cleaner so il use that bottle, just bee and bought vinegar as their wee is leaving the shed white :| lol eee i didnt know that it stops chewing i bought some special stuff for £4 for a tiny bottle coz theyre chewing :censored: out of the shed:lol: thanks guys! :)

ooh i have nearly emptied on bottle of cage cleaner so il use that bottle, just bee and bought vinegar as their wee is leaving the shed white :| lol eee i didnt know that it stops chewing i bought some special stuff for £4 for a tiny bottle coz theyre chewing :censored: out of the shed:lol: thanks guys! :)

It works for some! Fingers crossed!

You could also paint the shed in a nice light colour pale blue, green, cream etc. Makes wee much easier to clean off & the inside lighter & brighter! Pet friendly water based paint of course!

Are they using a litter bowl?

It works for some! Fingers crossed!

You could also paint the shed in a nice light colour pale blue, green, cream etc. Makes wee much easier to clean off & the inside lighter & brighter! Pet friendly water based paint of course!

Are they using a litter bowl?

I have been and bought White paint for the inside (water based) :) and some nice sage green for the outside but iv been at college since they went in so havent had time to paint but I'm thinking of evicting them to the run and painting this weekend :lol: yeh they were in hutches till I got the shed so they've only recently had litter trays and they're doing most of their wees in there but i could only get cat litter trays so they're missing bit and getting itnover the side onto shed :lol: x

I have been and bought White paint for the inside (water based) :) and some nice sage green for the outside but iv been at college since they went in so havent had time to paint but I'm thinking of evicting them to the run and painting this weekend :lol: yeh they were in hutches till I got the shed so they've only recently had litter trays and they're doing most of their wees in there but i could only get cat litter trays so they're missing bit and getting itnover the side onto shed :lol: x

Ahh yes you need something with taller sides :D I use storage boxes, they jump in no problem as its heavily layered with newspaper and then stuffed full of hay :wave:

I like the sound of the those colours. You'll have to take some piccies when it's all done :wave:

Ahh yes you need something with taller sides :D I use storage boxes, they jump in no problem as its heavily layered with newspaper and then stuffed full of hay :wave:

I like the sound of the those colours. You'll have to take some piccies when it's all done :wave:

Yeh I haven't managed to get any storage boxes yet as I could only really fit one large one in the shed and with them just starting with litter training I thought if I had two smaller at separate ends they might self litter train :lol: they're doing well so i think il upgrade to a bigger one :) but iv spent soooo much on the shed I can afford it till next Friday and the girls are getting speyed this week eeeek :( where do you get your storage boxes from ?
I will definitely post pics soon :)

Yeh I haven't managed to get any storage boxes yet as I could only really fit one large one in the shed and with them just starting with litter training I thought if I had two smaller at separate ends they might self litter train :lol: they're doing well so i think il upgrade to a bigger one :) but iv spent soooo much on the shed I can afford it till next Friday and the girls are getting speyed this week eeeek :( where do you get your storage boxes from ? I will definitely post pics soon :)

Charity shops, car boots, £1/cheapy shops :wave:

Vinegar is ace! A saucer of it in the room takes the smell of smoke away (though it will still ooze out of furnishings and fabric etc)

Back