• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like a bad bunnymommy...

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
..I'm getting a real complex about my bunnies paws being dirty. My buns are freeranging house bunnies. They share a large potting tray littler box (that I'm using as it is flat so Darcy can just walk in without big hops (possible arthritis). But the downside to this is that all four of them love digging and flinging megazorb all over the place which leave their paws getting dirtier on the plastic.

I'm putting a layer of cheaper hay on the toilet side of the tray and the expensive food hay on the other side of the tray. The whole tray is covered in megazorb. Putting cheaper hay on top of the toilet side of megazorb really helped stop the digging. BUT....

I had a nap (my meds make me tired) and when I woke up they had dug up the toilet side again leaving bare plastic and wee and Darcy and Annie with dirty back paws. I'm cleaning the tray out every day.

I just hate them having dirty paws. Seeing dirty paws makes me feel like a bad parent. Before I bonded the four of them they always had pristine clean paws. Is it okay for me to keep cleaning their paws?

hug for you xxx you're not a bad bunnymommy!! they mustn't be bothered about having mucky paws if they keep digging and getting dirty! xxx

Bunnys get dirty paws now and then, I wouldn't worry.
I prefer seeing lovely clean feet but sometimes the bunnys have other ideas!

I felt embarrassed during a recent routine visit to the vet when I noticed too late that Truffle had rather black newsprinty feet, he loves shredding newspapers :oops:

Back