• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions about female buns :)

MichelleGsPets

Alpha Buck
Willows my first girl rabbit. So I was just wondering what age should I expect her to get her hormones? She was 9 weeks yesterday but what age should she start getting territoial and that?

Also what age can she get speyed at? (shes a flemish giant) And will speying stop her from finishing growing or will it have no effect?

Last edited:
How do you mean 'stop her fininshing' ? I dont understand that bit :wave:

some females, they say 6 months, some say once they reach a certain weight.

It can vary so much, so i'd ask a rabbit savvy vet when they'd be happy to spay her :wave:

Hormones vary from rabbit to rabbit also, so its difficult to say.

Since your girly is a Flemish Giant, the spaying will be 6months+ this is because the bun is bigger and the sexual organs don't develop fast enough; so a longer wait is necessary. xx

Since your girly is a Flemish Giant, the spaying will be 6months+ this is because the bun is bigger and the sexual organs don't develop fast enough; so a longer wait is necessary. xx

Ok, thats what I was thinking with her being a bigger breed. :)
Een though er spey is ages away I am so nervous about it already :/

Back