• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could you give me some suggestions please ........

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
........ as to how to make Dizzi & Rascal's aviary/run a bit more exciting for them!?!?

This is it currently :

Photo2267.jpg

Photo2146.jpg

Not sure if you can tell properly from the pics but they basically have a ramp that goes from the top deck of the hutch down to a seat (that I share with the buns) then down to a wooden L shape. (they also have an indoor ramp to get from up to downstairs). They also have a kind of carpeted box under the 'seat' (which will eventually have a door on so they can use it as a bolt hole), a pot to sit in/eat out of, a fabric tunnel, some wooden chewing stuff and a digging box.

They've completely ignored the digging box so I've taken that out now. I do have a Y shaped tunnel like this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAT-KITTEN-AN...5?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item3365a02407 but I haven't put that in yet as I thought it may take up 'running space'.

Can you suggest a few other things to put in there that they might enjoy? Oh, they have a hut in their hutch and the remains of a weave-a-ball and a treat ball!

Also, would you say they'd be better with more things in there (like the Y shaped tunnel) orrr more space for running??

You've given them the most immense and activity filled hutch/aviary setup. Its going to keep them busy for ages. Its full of enrichment :love:

Yet you still want to improve it? :love:

I wouldn't personally worry too much about 'ground space' - they have so much in there, putting in the Y tunnel wont take up a massive amount. Put it down the end by the hutch :wave:

B&G dont really have toys, they are 'natural' as much as i can be indoors, yes, they have a few, but only enrichment based really and a couple of chewy things.

Your buns setup is awesome Jo - i do hope you dont think it isn't good enuogh :)

Thanks Gray, that's really lovely of you to say!

They just don't seem to have much 'stuff' compared to other bunnies....... they're not big on playing with toys but then I just wonder if its because I haven't found the right kind of toys for them yet!

Good call on the tunnel front, I suppose if they're doing their mad dash, it just gives them something extra to jump over = more fun??

I do worry about them getting bored tho!

Thanks Gray, that's really lovely of you to say!

They just don't seem to have much 'stuff' compared to other bunnies....... they're not big on playing with toys but then I just wonder if its because I haven't found the right kind of toys for them yet!

Good call on the tunnel front, I suppose if they're doing their mad dash, it just gives them something extra to jump over = more fun??

I do worry about them getting bored tho!

See the box tunnel thingy under the ramp on the far side of pic #2?

How about place one end of the Y next to that entrance piece, then from there, it makes like a circuit.

Things to jump on or over seem to be very commonly enjoyed.

:wave:

I don't have a lot of 'stuff' in my buns rooms either. They don't play with toys, they enjoy things to jump on and off, which you have, and tunnels, which I spy one of :p Oh and things to hide under, but you have the hutch for that :thumb:

Back