• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits just simply not like someone?

MichelleGsPets

Alpha Buck
Yesterday I had Willow on my couch and she was playing and digging into a towel and binkying and then my uncle came in and sat down, she went over to smell him and then he just pat her and she rushed over to me and cuddled her head into my arm like she was trying to hide from him LOL.

It was wierd but she just didn't like him for some reason and until he went she was very attached to me and cuddling in to me and he then tried to pet her again and she just got all scared or something.

I only got her Sunday and shes only 9 weeks since yesterday. He didn't do anything wrong to her at all, she just didn't like him for some reason.

They are very sensitive to our emotions, my lot seem to be very intune with me and are most cuddly when i really need it so it wouldn't surprise me if they pick up feelings from other people. My lot have never bitten anyone, but almost every single one nipped my sister last time she visited. :shock:

Buckley doesn't seem to respond well to OH's mom... I think it's because she's quite loud. Where we always speak softly to him she talks quite loudly to him like he's a toddler in a noisy playgroup...

He just sort of sits in the corner with big wide poppy-out eyes :roll:
But my mom he loves because she's quite softly spoken.

And he LOVES my dad. Literally, he's more affectionate towards my dad than anyone else, except for me, and he's only met him twice: climbing all over him, licking his hair. It's quite a stark contrast between the Buckley that cowers when OH's mom is near and the lively mischievous Buckley who follows me (and my dad) around, licking us half to death!

Buckley doesn't seem to respond well to OH's mom... I think it's because she's quite loud. Where we always speak softly to him she talks quite loudly to him like he's a toddler in a noisy playgroup...

He just sort of sits in the corner with big wide poppy-out eyes :roll:
But my mom he loves because she's quite softly spoken.

And he LOVES my dad. Literally, he's more affectionate towards my dad than anyone else, except for me, and he's only met him twice: climbing all over him, licking his hair. It's quite a stark contrast between the Buckley that cowers when OH's mom is near and the lively mischievous Buckley who follows me (and my dad) around, licking us half to death!

I'm thinking now maybe it could be to do with the aftershave my uncle was wearing or something LOL. As he wasn't really loud, he just came in and sat down looking at her.
The first time Willow met my brother she spent ages licking him and climbing on top of him and everything.

I'm thinking now maybe it could be to do with the aftershave my uncle was wearing or something LOL. As he wasn't really loud, he just came in and sat down looking at her.
The first time Willow met my brother she spent ages licking him and climbing on top of him and everything.

Could very well be the aftershave. I think Buckley is the same, he likes my friend Jack only when he is wearing the same aftershave as my dad (Casual bit of Chanel pour Monsieur... I have a classy rabbit, what can I say :lol:)

I think rabbits can sense things about people - their emotions and personalities. I can easily beleive that *seomthing* about your uncle upset her.

However it could also be a smell, maybe the aftershave as you say, or if he'd been handling another animal, or anything really.

She could also just have got spooked for no apparent reason, like buns do sometimes. Hope your uncle isn't too offended! :lol:

Mine are very funny about smells.If we have been cooking then go & feed the buns,they run a mile.B has always hated food smells.If I ever ate in their room,they would run & hide until I finished eating!Takeaway smells were unbearable for her!Silly aren't they!Holly hated dishes.If i put my dish on floor after eating,she would run off then crawl on her belly,ears forward to sniff it,then run off again.:lol:

jasper hates my OH (dont tell my OH that, he is still trying to win him over :lol: ) he stamps his foot at him and when the OH goes to say hello jasper hides. the minute jasper hears my voice he binkies over to me and is fine. my OH has done nothing horrible to him, but for some reason jasper has just never taken to him x

Back