• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bunny car journey....

clarebear

Mama Doe
We are collecting lovely Bungee from missfloppyears tomorrow :D Just wondered what sort of things I should take in the car for her. It's going to be about a two and a half hour car journey home.

In the carry case I would just have newspaper and lots of hay, to be honest.

ETA- I'd suggest taking a bowl/bottle and some water in the car but only give it to her if you're stationary and mega delayed.

Oddly, not a lot.

A carrier, with newspaper+hay on top.
Take some wet veg in a tub if you can and give about half way.

It's dangerous to have too much in case she rolls about and hurts herself :wave:

If you have a water bottle, attach it to the carrier, although they do drip, so obviously keep an eye on it :wave:

As Sky-O said. Maybe a bottle of water too, but every time ours have been in the carrier they haven't wanted to drink. Hope all goes well picking her up :wave:

Oddly, not a lot.

A carrier, with newspaper+hay on top.
Take some wet veg in a tub if you can and give about half way.

It's dangerous to have too much in case she rolls about and hurts herself :wave:

If you have a water bottle, attach it to the carrier, although they do drip, so obviously keep an eye on it :wave:

if you do this, only take what you have been told she eats but likely she won't eat on the journey.

I usually take some fenugreek crunchies. I break them into little pieces and hide them around the carrier so Buckley has something to do.
Also take some water but don't attach to the carrier (it will spill), take some breaks along the way to offer some water :) xo

Also, practice grovelling for forgiveness :lol: Buckley is generally "aloof" after a car journey.

Thank you. She is very small apparently, so I hope she is okay in the carrier I have. I will pack it out with hay for her.

I'd reccomend a towel on the bottom then hay, as if she wees she will be stood it in.

I never attach a water bottle as it drips and makes a soggy patch. They never eat or drink while the car is moving.

Make sure they have a good drink (or something juicy like wet leaves) before they go and a run around if possible.

If it's practical to stop half way and offer them wet apple or wet leaves or a bowl of water then do so. (take an empty bowl and a bottle of water of course)

Make sure the car is quiet and cool.

Put a teacloth up at the side window if you think the sun will shine in on the carrier.(or use those window sunshades for babies)

Put a towel underneath the carrier to level it, so they are not travelling along on a sloping seat.

Put a seat belt around the carrier if it will reach- this is safer for you in an accident.

sue:wave:

Back