• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Depocillin injections - help!

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Normally I can do these with no problem, but this batch of needles is causing real hassle. The syringe bit seems to work fine until I put the depocillin in and inject it - then it turns incredibly stiff so the liquid won't go into the bun, or else the syringe and needle part break away from each other, covering the bun in depocillin. I remember reading here on RU that it's poisonous orally so I then have to rinse it off bun and try again.

What can I do to make it work. Heeeelp, before Toadstool resembles a wet pin cushion :cry:

What size needle are you using ? Orange, Blue or Green top ?

I manage OK with the Blue top, but many people say that only the Green tops work without getting bunged up.

Do you use a new needle from the one used to draw the dose up ? If using pre filled syringes this will be essential as the needle on a pre filled syringe always blocks when using Depocillin.

What size needle are you using ? Orange, Blue or Green top ?

I manage OK with the Blue top, but many people say that only the Green tops work without getting bunged up.

Do you use a new needle from the one used to draw the dose up ? If using pre filled syringes this will be essential as the needle on a pre filled syringe always blocks when using Depocillin.

I only use green. I haven't been switching the needles after drawing the dose up - is that what I'm doing wrong? But the syringes aren't pre-filled...:?

I agree about switching syringes as it can sometimes blunt them. I found the blue ones were easier to use. I had this problem and readjusted where I was putting the needle and it worked OK. If you wanted some blue needles I could send you some as I don't need mine any more. Pm if you would like some.

Last edited:
I was told you should to change the needle post drawing, before the injection to prevent something or other :lol:

Orange tips i find are easily if bun is wriggly as i found them easier to get in :wave:

Are you using it straight from fridge? if so get it out and allow to warm up a bit,,do not heat it or get it too hot..but will be easier to inject if not too cold..good luck!

Back