• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angora and lionhead rescued

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
My (adult) daughter has just taken on 2 rabbits who were going to be dumped. Chip and Dale are 2-3 yrs old. Un-neutered male and female. The male is an angora-type, the female a lionhead type. The male in particular is in a terrible state - very dirty bottom, and his fur is a couple of inches deep in tangles - apparently it looks like felt, but I havent seen these buns yet.
Kathryn has spent the afternoon trimming his fur and cleaning his bottom up. Thankfully, no flystrike, and no apparent fleas / ticks / lice. Long long nails, but they are easily dealt with.
The lionhead female has had at least 2 litters in the past. her coat is a bit knotted, but not as bad as the male.
Once she has sorted their coats, she will be getting them neutered and vaccinated. She's on benefits at the moment, so it has to be a bit at a time, but she'll get them sorted.
I just wondered if anyone has experience of angoras? any advice welcome.
Jan

Back