• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Blue had ec, vet only gave me enough to panacur the others for 9days, I read they should have it for 28days?
Honey heads slightly tilting, shes got a **** immune system and liver problems too.
Should I of had more panacur for them? :cry:
There 9days are over and really panicing now

I think Honey needs to see a vet ASAP.

I would try not to panic about the Panacur because it depends what you read and where as to whether or not it is of any use at all in a bunny that is an EC carrier, but if you want to carry on and do the full 28 days then you won't lose anything.

Also, I didn't know about you losing Blue. I'm really sorry :(

Last edited:
Loads of vibes for Honey and a 28 day course needs to be done for all buns. You can get the 10% stuff from Vet UK.

I know I always say this but I know not all the vets mention this, don't forget the bleach cleaning on days 21 and 28 while you are Panacuring.

yes you need a 28day course for treating ec the 9 days is only to treat worms. or as a worm preventative, bleach clean everything especially places where they wee as spores are transmitted through the wee most people say to bleach at day 1 21 and 28 the reasons being day one so everything is clean as you dont know how long the spores have been shedding (and it can be for months or a year or more or just days) and then they suggest 28 and 21 days, your buns should also be on antiinflammatrys such as metacam (for affected bunny) and if a middle ear infection has not been ruled out antibiotics in addition pm me if you like i have an ec bun who never got head tilt but has siezures and back leg partial paralysis and incontinance.
x

Thankies, phoned vets last night and as I have so much meds left for Blue was told what doses etc to give her.
ook her this morn and she seems ok, silly rabbit. But wouldn't listen about panacur or anything so need a new vet as really wasn't impressed. Have ordered some online for her and the other two for the mean time and my friend has some so shes stocked me up for the momment. xx

Back