• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Question re baby bun

I need you to settle a dispute with my husband. Maisie will have been with us for a week on saturday and i wanted to take her to our vet to get her checked out, make sure she's ok and what not, i'm fairly certain shes to young for jabs yet (12 weeks isnt it?) Nothing jumps out as being wrong but obviously i'd just like to know she's ok and healthy.

Anyway hubbs think we'd be wasting the vets time and just get her checked over when we get her first jab done which will be 3/4 weeks.

So is it wasting the vets time, should we just wait?

I always take a new pet to the vet for a check up straight away - it's not a waste of time :)

Have to admit our vet is lovely and usually does that consult free :D

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4639064 said:
I need you to settle a dispute with my husband. Maisie will have been with us for a week on saturday and i wanted to take her to our vet to get her checked out, make sure she's ok and what not, i'm fairly certain shes to young for jabs yet (12 weeks isnt it?) Nothing jumps out as being wrong but obviously i'd just like to know she's ok and healthy.

Anyway hubbs think we'd be wasting the vets time and just get her checked over when we get her first jab done which will be 3/4 weeks.

So is it wasting the vets time, should we just wait?

Pretty sure myxi can be done from 8 weeks, VHD from 10 but these are things you need to clarify with your vet. It's also important to get them checked out after you get them just to make sure they're doing well, get them an MOT as it were :)

I'm guessing she's around 8 weeks?

Myxi can be given from around 6 weeks. VHD (depending which brand) is from either 5 wks or 10 wks.

There should be a 2 week gap between the two vaccines so you could make an appt for her myxi (and they will health check her before giving it), then have vhd 2 wks later.

Back