• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do i need to teach her

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
The vet recons poppet is only 5-6 weeks old so my guessing is she hasnt learnt all she needs too?
what sort of things will i need to teach her?

i groom her like her mum would:oops:

Autumn came to me at roughly 3-4 weeks old and the only thing I worked on teaching him (once we'd finished with his meds :roll:) that was people are nice and can be trusted. We are safe and he will want to be around us.

He learnt everything else himself, although he did lack rabbit social skills (which you'll struggle to teach) so when he bonded with Wish he found it a bit confusing, and still does, but he does ok.

Autumn came to me at roughly 3-4 weeks old and the only thing I worked on teaching him (once we'd finished with his meds :roll:) that was people are nice and can be trusted. We are safe and he will want to be around us.

He learnt everything else himself, although he did lack rabbit social skills (which you'll struggle to teach) so when he bonded with Wish he found it a bit confusing, and still does, but he does ok.

thanks hun, another question while your about, how do you give them meds without the tantrums i have hated every second of medicine time i have even cried at one point she strops and kicks and really stresses :(

Wrap them up securely in a towel making sure their bottoms can't wriggle out backwards. It's called a bunny burrito so you get the idea!!

Pop the syringe in just to the right or left of their front teeth where they have a gap and give the meds. Make sure they swallow it by giving something tasty afterwards. Hope this helps, if it is a prob specific to babies I don't know, my wee ones were 12 wks when I got them!

:lol::lol::lol: yeah im making a thread about that its too funny not to share:lol::lol:

shes on panacaur (1 little notch) and 0.2 baytril.

Ok. First important thing is to be calm. Be quick. She will wriggle.

I tend to not burrito, but I am confident in getting things into them.

I tend to crouch down against a wall and have them on my knees, facing outwards. It supports their back and front that way. use your non syringing hand andcover the face, then gently move your hand back, thus raising the head a bit and opening the mouth a bit, and then slip the syringe in so it points in sideways (i.e. into the cheek) and then syringe it.

Also, Glad you got it :)

I don't wrap now either cos it adds to the time it takes but it helped me get my confidence the first few times. It is hard btu if you are firm with them and get it over quickly it is much easier than trying to be very gentle and them scrabbling around. :wave::wave:

Back